3rd SVA Fail

Paul B

What is the record number of fails?

A quick update. It's a Sport 2000 - Duratec on Raceline TB's and Webber Alpha ECU (red box).

Took the car back to WF last Friday for the second time to sort out Emissions. Passed 2 tests on their analyser then we took it to a local MOT station where it also passed. Lambda was 1.024, 1.030 and 1.021. All other stuff well in limits. Left with these results and calibration certificate for each analyser.

Lowest I could get Lambda at SVA today was 1.060. Told tester his analyser must be wrong. Produced calibration certificate and said it must pass on theirs and thats it. What am I supposed to do. I think he was in a bad mood after burning a hole in his trousers on my exhaust.

I've left it on the trailer and am dumping it on WF's doorstep tomorrow at 8.00 am. I'll be glad to see the back of it. As I've said before, over 18K spent with WF and no end in site. :(  :(

You do have the right of appeal, and with several other analysers showing less than the SVA one, I'd bear it in mind.

:(  You must be gutted :(

Dont know what to suggest........... but dont give up on it.

Have a word with Westfield tommorow and see what they suggest.

Good luck

Just got back from dropping the car off at WF

They've agreed to take it to a Webcon dealer to get everyting sorted then take it to the SVA retest (Beverley) then deliver it back to me (Huddersfield) with a nice pass certificate.

Don't know when I'll see it again but frankly I don't care as long as it gets sorted and passes SVA.

Good result I think.

I am not in the least bit surprised that Westfield are sorting it for you - in my experience this is the norm .... However, I sympathize with your frustration over the whole episode.

Hopefully, you will not need it but the appeals procedure is probably a no-go as they can apparently take up to 6 months to reach a decision  :arse: