Zetec Wiring Loon

Steve20

New build using 2.0 Zetec on TBs, have installed the main wiring loom as supplied by Westfield but at this stage have not put the engine in.

Above the tunnel there is a wiring connector item 13 in the loom identification chart "Ignition terminals, low tension + (white 108), low tension - (white/black 102)" plus a green (162) and a brown wire (163), dumb question but what is this for?

Is it the feed to the ECU (yet to be purchased Emerald) or what ?

Need to also understand where this connector needs to be, for example should I be cutting a hole in the scuttle (near the fuse box) to provide access for connection or through the tunnel near the passengers foot well to enable connection to the ECU if this is what the plug is for ?

p.s numbers refer to the loom diagram supplied by the factory

There should be 2 connectors here. One is a 13 pin that will connect to the engine's loom (you may need to change the plug on the engine from 12 to 13). The other, which I think you are referring to, connects to the ECU loom (power).

On mine the main loom was installed by WF and these connectors were positioned to the right of the transmition tunnel in the engine bay. On the underside of the short cross brace in the corner above the steering column.

The intention I believe is for the ECU loom to go through the top of the tunnel with the main loom and come out in the same place at the front. However the manual makes no mention of this. I decided to run my ECU loom through the front of the scuttle at low level, and onto the engine. This way it will be possible to replace without taking the engine & box out.

HTH