2.0 Focus Zetec Engine

Motor-muzzy

Hi,

Is anyone running a 2.0L focus zetec engine, i've at the stage were i need to install the alternator and belts but have read some place that the water pump needs to rotate in the opposite direction, can anyone help or offer advice as WF don't use this engine.

Thanks

Playskool motorsport may make a kit to cover this or make up a bracket and a pully like I had to for my Duratec.

Duratec%20fitted%2001.jpg

Top right hand side is a home made bracket and Ford pully

You just need to fit a 1800 Zetec waterpump and all will be well.

you can then use the same belt arrangement

Its not a case of changing the direction of the way the pump spins.

there have been several threads on this over the years

(blimey never thought I would say do a search)

You don't change the water pump for an 1800 - you do this on a silver top zetec engine not a black top focus engine. I obtained an extra pulley kit from raceline for about £70 for my focus engine - it ensures the pump spins the right way after the removal of the power steering pump/air con. send me a pm if you want pictures etc.

Also note that the standard westfield alternator bracket will not fit and needs to be modified and if you have a standard silver top zetec chassis from westfield the drivers side engine mount will need to be modified. I moved mine back by welding a plate to the chassis. Contact me if you need any help with a focus installation as I've been through the pain!  :p

Paul

ade at play's kool made mine with a ford pulley. Don't know it was a one off or if they do it as a service. They did it as at the time no-one had yet fitted the focus engine to anything and raceline didn't have the kit out.

You don't change the water pump for an 1800 - you do this on a silver top zetec engine not a black top focus engine.

the mans correct my mistake sorry