Zetec Wiring Harness

Eddy5

We've got a Westfield Summer Madness edition which came with the boggo 1.8 Zetec engine and MBA ECU. They supplied a harness  for the ECU but no instructions. I've got a fair idea of where everything goes, but there's one wire (Long thin cable, 2 pin minitimer connector) that I'm not sure about. It fits nicely onto a sensor under the thermostat housing, but I reckon that sensor os for the dash water temp, and what I should be connecting this to is the crankshaft sensor to pick up the engine speed/position.

Any ideas anyone?

Ask Mark at Westfield and he will e-mail it to you, if their server is back up. Just got the wiring diagram from Kerry. WF don't seem to be sending them out with the harness by the look of it.

John.

Eddy5

As Jak says, get the diagram from WF; if you have probs PM me and I'll scan and send. They seem reluctant to issue this diagram, I was repeatedly told "it'll be obvious when youget to it" but IMO it's not that obvious.

There is a longish 2-pin connector with heat-proof sheath that goes to the position sensor on the flywheel.

Seem to be a number of "madness" kits getting there or thereabouts ATM

Kerry S

Seem to be a number of "madness" kits getting there or thereabouts ATM

Kerry S  

Do they get SVA'd by Suggs???

Probs :D  :D

Each plug will only connect in one place. These are (IIRC):

Lambda sensor (plug to be changed on the sensor to match)

Fly wheel (2 pin LHS below thermostat)

Coil pack (oval shape 3 pin)

Main loom (small 4 pin square connector at rear of engine)

Engine loom (12 pin connector below inlet fanimold)

I think that's it :p

HTH

F

I think that's it

Isn't there the one to the inlet air temperature sensor too, the one on the inlet trunk?

Kerry S

Isn't there the one to the inlet air temperature sensor too, the one on the inlet trunk?

Its not often you're wrong...and your right again. I was just testing to see who was paying attention :D