wasted time , not happy

never fear

1700 is the 1600, just bored out :) I couldnt really comment on the reliability of them as I've only had mine since october and only managed about 1000 miles. General consensus is that they are bulletproof, if not totally oiltight!!

what do you with the holes in the tub? If you were the previous owner of mine you would slap on about 3kgs of filler and not rub it back before painting it :angry:

I think the favourite thing to do is to fill the holes and then have it sprayed, just make sure you do a good job!!!

If you want, I'll send you a pic of my car so you know how NOT to do it!!

Leigh

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• never fear

• perksy

• adhawkins

• leighc

IMHO

1600 or 1700 Xflow over the pinto every time, mine will blow 90mph away. They are as reliable as a pinto, weight less and sound better.

for the money of the car in Uxbridge, you are not far off early Zetec or VX motors needing a little work. I think he did you a favour not being there despite it being a crappy thing to do.

Good luck with the search.

Oh yeah,

Unless you know what to look for get someone who does to go with you it could save you the hassle, heartache and cost I went through. (See the website for details)

I may be wrong here but did the SEIW come with detachable arches in 1996? The advert in the link states its a 96 with detachable arches.

Mines a 96 kit registered in 98 with fixed arches? :durr:  ???

I may be wrong here but did the SEIW come with detachable arches in 1996? The advert in the link states its a 96 with detachable arches.

Mines a 96 kit registered in 98 with fixed arches? :durr:  ???

My old Zetec was a 1997 car, that had detachable arches.

Andy

yep think i was getting ahead of myself and wanted to jump a 2.0ltr straight away but thought since and gona be sensable. maybe keep for a while and upgrade and learn bit more. so start at 1600-1700 i think and i like the look of the silver one in the autotrader. does it look a decent price for the car. prices vary so much i dont wona get ripped off.

why not go for the yellow one underneath?? (Auto Trader) Looks like the yellow one has some better bits on it (RAC Rollbar) as well as the cycle wings

there doesnt seem to be a wealth of knowledge about the silver one. May be jumping to an almighty conclusion but compared to the others the advert suggest little interest?

Looks ok in silver tho.

did you want me to send you a pic of my car with the cycle wings on?

PM if yes.

thanks, Leigh

just foned the guy about the yellow one and sounds alright actually. least it'l save me swapping wings over. gona view saturday hopefully.

It's a Good idea to take a Westfield owner with you, Westys have certain things to look for and a Local owner would be well worth taking with you, always good to have a second opinion and advice from an owner ???

Perhaps contact your local AO  ???