wasted time , not happy

never fear

been looking for a starter westy now for about 3 weeks. found one which didn't look to bad at uxbridge kit cars near london. i live in redditch south of brum and drove down there this morning after speaking to the guy in the middle of the week and telling him i'm comming down. i get to uxbridge with my trailer which i'd borrowed and a wod of crispy notes in my pocket, phoned the guy and his son answers and tells me his dads gone on his holidays and he cant let me see the car. so if he checks out this forum i'd like to say thanks for your customer service.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• never fear

• perksy

• adhawkins

• leighc

I can appreciate what you're saying, but if it'd have been me I'd have phone the night before or even the morning before setting off...

A lesson learned perhaps?

Agreed though, hardly a way for a company to build up a good reputation. Perhaps you should phone them and express your displeasure, see what they say?

Hope you find something soon.

Andy

no dont think i'll bother. there loss on £7500. but your right a lesson learned. mind you you should never trust traders anyhow in my opinon.

I agree it’s a real pain after organising a trip, but try to look though all this.. Is the car worth it? If it exactly what you what at the right price, just hang in there..

lets hope its not a Caterham with a tow bar... :blues:

ring him when hes back from his hols and rip f+++ into him saying your going to make an example of him in the kitcar mags.probably wont help at all but will definately make you feel better and him feel crap.lol

childish i know..lol  :p

darren

Thats a lot of money for a Pinto engined car. However, it does look nice.

Have you spotted the car in the for sale section advertised by Slimslow? It says that its based in Redditch and is a lot less money.

Well worth a look for the advertised spec versus the price.

John

no dont think i'll bother. there loss on £7500. but your right a lesson learned. mind you you should never trust traders anyhow in my opinon.

Seems a bit Expensive to me, For this sort of money you could buy a 16 Valve Car (Hopefully with an RAC Rollbar)

What sort of Price would he Haggle to  ???

yes had a look this morning, really nice guy and i was happy with the car, just a few things i would have had to do for myself as the car is setup completly for the track. i have to get one with a bit softer on the bones and with weather gear for the missus. if i was a single guy it would have been in the garage now.

It's set up for the track, but it has 17" wheels and a spare on it? Also, what's the odd second roll bar thingy for? ???

Also, the ad for that one says it has sidescreens and weather gear ???

Andy

no sure what he'd haggle to as i didnt even get to see the ******,  sorry getting carried away as he cost me £100 to get there and back with the trailer hire. think i'd offer him 6k. does that sound fair?

Ah, my mistake :blush:

Even so...17" wheels on a Westfield are pushing it IMO...

And there's the extra roll bar (now talking about the car on FindIt).

Andy