ebay

Terry Everall

Certainly cheaper than ebay and I know where they came from!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• stu999

• Blatman

• Buzz Billsberry

An auction is ok but that is NOT what we are hosting!

If I want a free for all then I will look at ebay but I want to see reasonable prices for decent s/h westie parts sometimes from people I know. Thats the reason I am a wscc member and I want to use the forum to our best interests. So lets promote our FOR SALE Forum and not another one that seems to hike up the prices. After all what goes around comes around and whilst you might sell something at a hiked price on ebay you might struggle to buy at a low price!

;)  :oops:

Well said Terry

Buzz

Ban ebay I say, its a pain in the A***

Buzz

I bet you weren't thinking that when you sold that old trailer of yours......... :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :p

However I do tend to agree........ :sheep:

I'm gonna disagree with the consensus here, i've put links on here to stuff on ebay before and i reguarly look at the links that other people have put on here linking to ebay, most of the time they are something that i wouldn't have spotted on ebay that is of interest to me.  I think what your main grip is, is that the parts section doesn't seem to be offering any bargins at the mo, but thats down to the sellars preference, like said earlier we all want to get the best price for our goods, banning ebay would only stop people advertising there items on here and they would still put them on ebay.  Personally i don't mind looking at the links to ebay, some of the people on here are trying to build/ upgrade to a budget and i can't fault them in trying to get the best price they can for there no longer needed parts.  The Parts for sale section is priveldged for the WSCC members to advertise there parts for sale, would you rather people were putting links in the message board saying "have a look at this on ebay" It gets done every week and no one seems to mind.

Karl

I know we all like to wheel and deal to buy or sell our spare bits but I do not like posts on wscc site which recommend we look at ebay. Surely wscc members should be quoted a buy it now price so that our own "For Sale" section does not become obsolete or retitled " ebay"

Rant over for now!!! :bangshead:

i agree, and youve posted a rant that ive been meaning to ahve for awhile.

I'm with Karl

As a WSCC member I should only advertise my parts on here and also at a 'discounted price' to fellow WSCC members?! ???  That doesn't make any sense. If someone is willing to pay more for a part than the next person then surely that's a fair trade.

The benefit of the For Sale section to WSCC members is that we have another arena to market our goods.

It would seem more sensible (and obviously this can't be dictated) that as WSCC members we put items for sale here and the auction site, but be realistic about a price we would accept prior to the auction finishing (with the necessary disclaimer on the auction). Of course the risk of using an auction site is that your expected price is unrealistic.

If you don't want to use Ebay or any auction site for buying your parts, you're potentially missing out on saving money.

It's all personal choice, I guess. :)

Cheers

Martin

My rant is that it often says "look at ebay" but does not give wscc members a price or even discription! let alone first chance to buy :bangshead:

But have you ever actually asked a member selling stuff on ebay if he'd take an offer? Ebay auctions can be stopped up until they have 12 hours to go if they haven't got bids, so you have a whole week to e-mail and try to do a deal.

Like I said earlier, whilst it may be irksome, the onus is clearly on the buyer to either bid, or offer a "buy it now" price to the seller. Either way, the market is not diluted to any great extent, and members can sell to other members whilst retaining choice in their preferred market place. Remember, this Boardroom may not necessarilly be every members first choice for selling things!

Buyers also have a choice, but it would seem that they choose not to excercise that choice...

The Rules

1. This forum is for Parts for Sale Only.

A little different to 'Parts for Bidding on' don't ya think?  :p  :D   :devil:

In my book at least, if parts/cars are for sale, it *should* include an asking price. P'raps if a condition of advertising here was to include an asking price (which, if offered he/she *would* sell for), it might be middle ground to both camps...

interesting... Ive been musing on this for a while.... I was thinking of the following stipulation (if indeed it was changed). Ebay actions pointers are OK BUT only if:

auction on ebay is set to allow object to be withdraw from sale before bidding ends as advertised elswhere type thingy

AND

Here is the price for WSCC Member on the ad here. / other boardroom user.

As mark says I offer items to known WSCC folk at a better price typically than non WSCC folk where possible, and would like to push that principal. Perhaps as a compromise or ease we should have that ALL adverts posted must have a initial price.

interesting... Ive been musing on this for a while.... I was thinking of the following stipulation (if indeed it was changed). Ebay actions pointers are OK BUT only if:

auction on ebay is set to allow object to be withdraw from sale before bidding ends as advertised elswhere type thingy

AND

Here is the price for WSCC Member on the ad here. / other boardroom user.

As mark says I offer items to known WSCC folk at a better price typically than non WSCC folk where possible, and would like to push that principal. Perhaps as a compromise or ease we should have that ALL adverts posted must have a initial price.

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Perhaps as a compromise or ease we should have that ALL adverts posted must have a initial price.

Seems like a good/fair idea; I must admit one of my pet hates are "make me an offer" type adverts.

I fullyy support this idea

Terry

Good solution, and if the part is offered, and the asking price met by a member, the vendor should feel obliged to sell at that price too.

I think that would be fair.

Agreed. Asking price must be compulsory for items posted for sale here so that we have a level playing field...

For the sake of clarity though...

Ebay actions pointers are OK BUT only if:

Does that mean that if I spot an ebay auction that may be of interest but which isn't by a Club member, then pointing to it would not be allowed because we have no control over wether the auction is pulled or not? IE, A N Ebayer has a set of Carbs for sale on ebay, but isn't anything to do with the WSCC. However, members may want to be alerted to the auction. Can we point to it or not?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.