ebay

Terry Everall

I know we all like to wheel and deal to buy or sell our spare bits but I do not like posts on wscc site which recommend we look at ebay. Surely wscc members should be quoted a buy it now price so that our own "For Sale" section does not become obsolete or retitled " ebay"

Rant over for now!!! :bangshead:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• stu999

• Blatman

• Buzz Billsberry

I agree Terry. I purposely put all my 'for sale' items in the for sale section of wscc and if they dont sell from there I put them on ebay at a higher price

Si

I kinda agree as well Terry - I especially like the ones that offer a WSCC members price and a non-members price as well  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  ;)

Ban ebay I say, its a pain in the A***

Buzz

Dan

Not really your comment but we do keep having "people" saying -

"See my ad on ebay etc    " where we would then compete against the world and everyone else. This forum should offer decent stuff to wscc members at a realistic price that we can haggle. If it doesn't sell here ok put it elsewhere but let us have first chance ;)

Ban ebay I say, its a pain in the A***

Buzz

Didn't say that when you were sellin' your trailer Buzz!  :p  :D  :t-up: At least you did advertise here first though, and gave members a fair crack of the whip. Just some of them (me) were to slow...

I agree about the "See my stuff on E-bay" thing. Kinda defeats the idea of the WSCC 'For Sale' forums...

Perspectives, I suspect.

If we're honest, we all want as much as we can get for our bits. Selling to a single web site like this one limits the market, and may limit price potential. Selling on ebay means you have a far wider viewing audience potential, and possibly more chance of getting a higher price for the item. We all bang on about whole cars selling for less than their true worth and devaluing the whole marque, yet when a few enterprising members attempt to bump up the market value for legitimate parts, we complain.

I would suggest that we can't have our cake and eat it...

I would have sold bits on here but if I had I would not be able to afford to have done the up grades unless people would have paid the same kind of money that I could have got on ebay see here

Fair comment gents. But IMHO I think it waters down the ethos of having a members 'For Sale' area, where the advertisments and board replies are limited to members only - surely the idea of this is to benefit the WSCC members (sellers and buyers)?

Members still benefit from being able to post up that there may be interesting items on ebay, and members can PM with offers to "buy it now" if they want to. The Boardroom isn't an auction room, and quite right too. I think the sellers right to choose the way he sells is as important as any other consideration.

Ebay and PayPal options also bring advantages too, like being able to pay by credit card or direct money transfer for those who may not want to divulge bank details. There's nothing to stop us paying another member for parts via PayPal whether we go through ebay or not...

I'm with Blatman, and applaud the honesty.

creep creep

:p

Oh, and shouldn't this be in the Message Board Chat. Nothing gets my goat more that postin gin the wrong forums altogether    :D  :D  :D  :D  :p  :p  :p

Members still benefit from being able to post up that there may be interesting items on ebay, and members can PM with offers to "buy it now" if they want to.

Indeed, but then that is working against the idea of Ebay! A 'buy it now' price can obviously be stated on an Ebay ad, but then that applies to all and sundry...

The Boardroom isn't an auction room, and quite right too.

Spot on there. Instead, it is becoming a free advert for an auction room...

Also, whilst I appreciate the good nature of folk that brings 'items of interest' on Ebay etc to our attention, then non-members now potentially get an advert on the WSCC 'for sale' area too...  

I think the sellers right to choose the way he sells is as important as any other consideration.

Absolutely. Their parts, their money, their choice. And for those who can put up with the stupid questions, and ridiculous offers, good on them. But linking an Ebay auction page to an ad in the 'for sale' area is not advertising the part 'for sale', it is directing the reader to another (commercial) site so he/she can participate in bidding - if so desired.

To summerize, the auction may as well be on here anyway, and non-members may as well be given the right to advertise! :devil:  :suspect:  :bangshead:  :p

An auction is ok but that is NOT what we are hosting!

If I want a free for all then I will look at ebay but I want to see reasonable prices for decent s/h westie parts sometimes from people I know. Thats the reason I am a wscc member and I want to use the forum to our best interests. So lets promote our FOR SALE Forum and not another one that seems to hike up the prices. After all what goes around comes around and whilst you might sell something at a hiked price on ebay you might struggle to buy at a low price!

;)  :oops:

An auction is ok but that is NOT what we are hosting!

If I want a free for all then I will look at ebay but I want to see reasonable prices for decent s/h westie parts sometimes from people I know. Thats the reason I am a wscc member and I want to use the forum to our best interests. So lets promote our FOR SALE Forum and not another one that seems to hike up the prices. After all what goes around comes around and whilst you might sell something at a hiked price on ebay you might struggle to buy at a low price!

;)  :oops:

A good cheap pair of 45s carbs terry  :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.