Zetec Sump

Steve20

Can anybody tell me the ideal dimension between the sump/block mating flange and the bottom of the sump on a 2.0 litre Zetec to give sensible ground clearance.

Can anybody tell me the ideal dimension between the sump/block mating flange and the bottom of the sump on a 2.0 litre Zetec to give sensible ground clearance.

What are you trying to do make your own cut and shut low line sump if so ask Scooby what happened when he had a go

If you are just buy a Dunnell,Schollar, Westfield one or a cast Raceline one there all cheaper than an engine rebuild.

Does 20mm give me enough clearance as this would be alot cheaper than buying a purpose made sump ?

Cheers

Steve

Does 20mm give me enough clearance

NO

How much does it hurt when you hit a bump in the road and the thermostate snaps off and boiling water runs on your feet [ask Scott he had a top hose fail]

How much will an engine rebuild cost if you drop the oil

Scholar one's about £175 if i remember right  

Money well spent.

hi steve,

I nearly went for the 1.8 sump just to save some cash but the other thing to think about is that the std 1.8 sump has no baffling for the longitude installation. thats prob as important as the ground clearance.

i 2 went for a scholar in the end, it prob saves another 5mm over the 1.8 sump but theres alot of baffling in there to slow the oil down when driving hard ;)

HTH

D

Not worth doing thwe wrong thing with this part of the build!

1)Oil pressure problems = poorly engine!

2)Sump hits road = poorly engine

I did that Westfield do an ally sump for zetec now for right price, not 100% sure though

Would appreciate contact details for Schollar please, will take all your advice and go for a decent sump, can't afford to mess the engine up!