1800 Zetec exhaust

Saltydog!!

Apologies in advance if I am stating the obvious, but are you sure that the manifold is flat against the exhaust ports so that the down pipe is at the right angle?

JD

Absolutely!! I made sure that the manifold was flat against the outlet face. Held by a couple of finger tight bolts. I didn't use the steel gasket, but this would only be a mm or two at best.

Does anyone else's block look the same with this part sticking out?? ???

And the answer from WF is....

"...The 130 ps block has the casting lug on the side,the 115 ps block doesn`t have the casting lug. We have come across this problem before when converting from the underside exhausts on the ZEI factory built units. There is no problem removing some of the lug for clearence,in your case it has been overlooked during engine preparation..."

:bangshead:

I'll get the grinder out then... :suspect:

Thanks for all of your comments.

Did you tighten up the manifold to check the clearance?

I thought the same when I offered up my Westfield manifold last week -- but when I tightened up the nuts to get a final profile to grind away it was clear by about 5mm

I thought the same when I offered up my Westfield manifold last week -- but when I tightened up the nuts to get a final profile to grind away it was clear by about 5mm

Thanks Trevor, I'll bear this in mind when I come to make the final fit.

Cheers,

Saltydog!! :t-up:

Saltydog!

This thread had me a little worried!

I fitted my 1800 Zetec engine last Tuesday so I put the manifold on tonight with a couple of nuts and, like Trevor C, there was about 5 mm clearance to the cast lump that sticks out. It doesn't look as though it's been modified though, ie machined face as might have been done at OEM.

So I wonder if I have a 130PS block. The factory sell the kit as a 120hp but Simon W in sales said it was "probably a bit more"!!

Kerry S