• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Rob Navin

• jonny wez

• Mrs Westy

While I remember, what would need modifying on this car to get it running in Class B or D?

Is it just a windscreen, or more than that?

Ta.

Andy

Andy

You would need to and a windscreen and wiper motor.  The wiring is already there for it.

You would also need to put some list 1a tyres on it.

After that it would be legal.

Have you driven one with an aero on 2b tyres though, I have now done both and I won't be going back.

HTH

:D:D

Thanks for that Rob. As I want a primarily road going car, then a windscreen would almost certainly be going on there if I were to get this one.

Andy

Thanks for that Rob. As I want a primarily road going car, then a windscreen would almost certainly be going on there if I were to get this one.

Andy

I think that I have done it the bast way fir you are going for a dual purpose car.

I purchased another scuttle and areo for the Ivory car and kept the windscreen and the wiper motor attached to the old scuttle.

To swap all I have to do is undo the 10 screws holding the dash on and the 6 bolts holding the scuttle on, swap the scuttles over and reverse the process.

It may cost a little more but you don't have nasty holes all over your scuttle and you have the abilty to make it in to a faster track car when you want.  

Worth a thourght.

Rob

Worth a thourght.

Certainly is, thanks for that.

:t-up:

Andy

Yup, I'm doing eggsakerly the same

When you say "I'm"....... :devil:

THE CAR HAS JUST BEEN SOLD TO MR AND MRS HAWKINS.

IT WAS A RATHER WET TEST DRIVE BUT A SMALL PATCH OF DRY ROAD IN THE DERBYSHIRE HILLSIDE ENABLED A SHORT BLAST TO 120MPH(B****Y HELL)

THE TEN GRAND WAS ALL MINE.

THANKS ANDY WE WILL BE IN TOUCH.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE OF THE BANANA.

:t-up:   :t-up:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :t-up:  :t-up:

REGARDS JONNY

LOOK OUT FURY, YOUR CREATORS AWAIT

Congratulations Andy

I take it we'll be seeing you in the Speed Series next year in 'F' ?????????

Congrats Andy  :D  :D  Treat yourself to another scuttle (a la Mr Navin Stylee) and get yourself into Class B or F  :D  ;)

No keeping that quiet then was there? :)

I plan on dipping my toes in the water next season (so to speak). Still deciding whether to fit a screen and go in 'B', or just go the whole hog and go straight into 'F'.

Anyone wanna by a yellow Zeeeeeeeeeeeetec? :D

Andy

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.