zetec;single throttle body

euphorbia

Think I have the same setup "Zetec Madness" or similar when I bought the kit.  It is an MBE ecu, and map is throttle position sensor specific, I think the factory used one engine but set the ecu's up to specific throttle assemblies.

Main problem with mine was no fuel (incorrect pin out) which was fixed by the factory and then unused manifold connectors

needed sealing,

Runs well now although starting requires a touch of throttle opening and is very lumpy when cold. Also has flat spot at about 4500 rpm.

When I get time I will look at re-mapping, but will need assistance as I don't have the software or password.

Does anyone know if this ecu will support "proper" throttle body setup and what would I need to change?

Rick

Does anyone know if this ecu will support "proper" throttle body setup and what would I need to change?

I would think it is a matter of fitting the new TB's, connecting the sensor and new fuel rail, and then it should just need a remap.  I wish it were that easy for me to upgrade....

As for the orginal posters problem (can't see your name, its on the previous page now) I would check the TPS readings at closed and open throttle positions and make sure all those connections to the inlet have been linked together or blocked off.  Then check the collant and air temp sensor readings.  These are all easy to do and should be done before looking at remapping.

Most likely is that the TPS is not set correctly so the map settings that are being used are incorrect to the actual situation.