• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darrell O'Neill

• Blatman

• stu999

• Crash Override

There is also Cosworth Technology in Wellingborough. They used to be the same company, but Technology is now owned by Audi and deals with road stuff mainly. Where as Racing still does all the F1 stuff... obviously... :D

I think Worcester is just the foundry  --  very high tech. But that's part of the 'Audi' operation.

Darrell your from Cornwall aren't you?

Then your local Area organiser is Matt Seabrook, send him a PM and he should be able to let you know where and when the next meet is, then get yourself down there and have a chat with the guys/look at the engines, I'm sure there will be both types there plus plenty of others.

HTH

I am here now sorry picked this one up a bit late. Bypassed this thread as I thought it was going to be this engine is better than that engine thread again  :D

Darrell where abouts in Cornwall are you mate?

As for the merits of V8 Zetec Vx the only V8 Westy I have been in is a 5000cc Griff powered which is not the best comparison. As for the merits of Zetec vs Vx on the second hand market it’s a case of check out either if they come up. The Vx is cheaper to tune but are so old now that before they are tuned will need a rebuild. Zetecs can still be got with low enough mileage to get up to 230bhp on a standard bottom end (just uprated rod bolts). After that the Vx will be quite a bit cheaper. I have a Zetec road car and a Vx racecar the Zetec road car is faster than the racecar at the moment with a standard bottom end. The racecar will be quicker but I am looking at about £1000 just to rebuild the Vx engine before I start making it more powerful so you pays your money and all that. If you would like to see the cars drop me a line.

:t-up: