1000 miles

stone

I am planning to service my car for the first time today. Just gone over a thousand miles. Obviously oil and filter change. What other jobs do people recommend doing/checking. The car is an 1800 zetec on standard injection. I am at work at the moment and have no access to manual etc. What oil would people recommend? Does anyone know what the part number is for the oil filter. Any advice or recommendations will be gratefully received

Thanks

Al

Use the standard Ford reccommended 5W30 oil.

Filter part numbers have been posted many times in the past, so have a search.

Check the bolt-torques on as many bolts as you can, but especially the suspension, engine mounts, gearbox mounts,  propshaft, diff, lobro joints, rear hubs.

Worth checking the oil level in the gearbox, and the diff.

Perhaps a slight tighten of the jubilee clips on the coolant system.

As said before, change oil & filter, I use 5/30 oil and a ford EFL 500 filter off a CVH engine but you can use a very small one off a renault.

I'd do the plugs too for what they cost, check all levels, do a spanner check on nuts bolts etc, especially suspension, check brake pipes etc haven't worked their way loose & aren't rubbing on anything, check all jubilee clips for tightness, jack car up & check wheel bearings, check wheel nut tightness, you get the idea...........

HTH,

Mark.   :D

Check the bolt-torques on as many bolts as you can, but especially the suspension, engine mounts, gearbox mounts,  propshaft, diff, lobro joints, rear hubs.

............and to save having to do it again and again, after you`ve checked em all put some paint/permament marker marks on nuts/bolt heads and whatever they are fixing for a readily visual reference as to movement/loosening.