1.6 cvh Gasket

CrashBangWallop

What's with selling the car, David?  I tried to keep up on Cam7 but, well... you know how fast the posts arrive :D  I went to Wilco on Milton Road

the best offer seemed to be £100 if I paint the wheels gold... not sure I can let it go for that...  :D

Wilco also a fine choice.

The more work you do, the more confidence you get and soon you`ll be able to stip an engine down.  Trust me it is that simple!!
Yes, but putting it back together again is a different matter!! :D:D:D

Now that I've fitted the manifold gasket. I can say for sure that the manifold was held on by 8 bolts.  Exactly the same bolts that hold my nose-cone on and my alternator.  The guys in my area were a little shocked.  Especially as this was a factory-built car ??? Not the ones that Mat mentioned.  I know what they are now.  I bought 8 from Ford this morning.

Thanks for the help, people.  My car doesn't sound like a choo-choo train any more :)

Neil