Duratec SVA and weigh-in

Glen H

One more for the comparisons then.

My car sans driver came in at 591Kg's, and approx 235bhp = 397bhp/tonne.

When I get in, add 82Kg's (subject to confirmation from Wotbox), makes it 349bhp/tonne.....More ally and less pies for me then..... :D:D:D

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• Nick M

• Glen H

• adhawkins

coo lots of people with lots of PWR... but I can't very often use all of mine (legally or safely) on the road...  I think I need to blag a go in a car with lots of power just to see if it's so different to mine.

moomin

I think I need to blag a go in a car with lots of power just to see if it's so different to mine.

moomin

:D Dont do it it will cost you loads  :D

coo lots of people with lots of PWR... but I can't very often use all of mine (legally or safely) on the road...  I think I need to blag a go in a car with lots of power just to see if it's so different to mine.

moomin

I think you could safely change that to 'I can't ever use all of mine on the road'. The only place to use a Westfield properly is on the track (IMO).

Doing it on the road is asking for a Range Rover to be coming around the next bend on your side of the road...

Not fun.

Andy

Of course in general you're right to say that you'd be crazy to try to use all the cars potential on the road, but ....  :angry:  there are times when you can have some safe fun.

Just recently i was ambling along a dual carriageway at 80 as a Calibra turbo sidled past - OK no problem. Then a roundabout loomed ... and I sensed a bit of sport in the air   :p

With no-ne else around it was good fun to out brake a consenting tin-top whilst heel-n-toe-ing down 2 gears with a crisp Xflow bark at each blip. sweeeet :love:   ... then push reasonable hard thru the roundabout back up to 80.

.... using most of the cars potential safely - it can be done in small doses

Doing it on the road is asking for a Range Rover to be coming around the next bend on your side of the road...

this is true, but I have to confess I have been known to occasionally use WOT under acceleration, say on a quiet slip road onto a dual carriageway, for example.  at this point I believe I would have used my full quota of engine power, though I have never hit the rev-limiter on the road.

moomin

this is true, but I have to confess I have been known to occasionally use WOT under acceleration, say on a quiet slip road onto a dual carriageway, for example.  at this point I believe I would have used my full quota of engine power, though I have never hit the rev-limiter on the road.

Ah well, if you're a straight line Charlie, then off you go :)

Andy

Ah well, if you're a straight line Charlie, then off you go

I'm already long gone...  :p

though I believe my original statement is therefore valid.

moomin

Does having a light car mean that you go faster? :)  You guys are getting me thinking.  :D  :p  :sheep:

The only place to use a Westfield properly is on the track (IMO).

Not fun.

Andy

Rubbish.

Just because all the roads by you have high hedges and stupid banking.

Get on the right road in the right conditions and use all the potential of the car you like.

If you want a car that can only be used properly on the track then buy a track car

(oooo look how far I can see from up here on my soap box)

is it possible to change this emoticon  :durr: to "im with studbuckle" ???

:D

Just because all the roads by you have high hedges and stupid banking.

Get on the right road in the right conditions and use all the potential of the car you like.

That's not a bad point, hadn't considered that.

In that case then yes, I take it back. If there's a road that you can see far enough ahead to know that there's nothing coming around the next bend then you're probably right.

However, you don't get much in the way of run off on most roads...

I don't want an out and out track monster. I want a car I can potter (spiritedly ;)) around the country in, and then when circumstances permit (or on a track) I can really open it up and thrash it to within an inch of its life.

Andy

In that case then yes, I take it back. If there's a road that you can see far enough ahead to know that there's nothing coming around the next bend then you're probably right.

However, you don't get much in the way of run off on most roads...

Ditches, lamp-posts, trees, stone walls, ruts/potholes, cats/deer, diesel on the road, mud, sheep sh!t etc. etc.

Plus if you crash on a trackday, a paramedic will be with you in seconds.

:oops: