• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• Nick M

• Glen H

• adhawkins

Hm...I just added up all the weights I've taken off my car since it was weighed in at 701kgs:

One spare wheel: 18,5kgs + 0.5kg for spare wheel bracket

Four steel wheels: 11kg per corner weight diff: 44kgs

Weighted pax seat: 8kg difference to what's in now

Lead weights: 76kg

Extra silencer: 5kg

Tools 4kg

Adding this up, it comes to a whopping 156kgs

Hmm. that puts the weight at 545kg ex driver with half a tank of gas with all the oil and coolant it should have.

I have to get this checked, sounds too good to be true :D (I must have miscalculated somewhere).

Edited to add: I did miscalculate. Steelies are 4kgs less than what I measured first (read the scales wrong :bangshead: ). So add 20kgs. Still not too shabby. I'm happy anyway with 565kg.

Ive now got loads of data and will be producing an article for Westfield World as well as getting some of the data published on the speedseries pages courtesy of Barney.

I was planning on looking at corner weights with drivers for comparison / discussion of setup techniques and all out weight.

Cant get over the weight of Barneys Blade at 370Kgs and Robs X-flow at 476Kgs. Ive driven the X-flow and it is mighty capable beast and it feels light in the handling. I cant wait to try the blade for comparison......... ;)

I cant wait to try the blade for comparison......... ;)

As hints go, I've seen more subtle ones ;)

Andy

ACW

Get in line mate.

He STILL owes me a drive after he nearly put it in the armco at Mallory a couple of years back.

Takling about owing drives :D:D

Andy

How about that for subtle ?

OK might aswell add mine two penneth.

I reackon mine currently comes in at about 100kgs.

It is a very lightweight model without body, inerior, wheels, engine or gearbox.

Although lightweight, the lack of engine does damage the PTR!!!

Power / Weight in Tonnes = PWR

200 / 0.478 = 418.410bhp/tonne

Not bad for xflow... :D

But what about the figure that really matters con Pilot  :D  :p  :D  :p   ???

Assuming using the 260bhp quoted earlier the my calculation says 634kgs with driver...  :oops:  :D

While we're on about power / weight ratios. Mine is only 234bhp / tonne and was weighed at 576kgs (with 1/2 a tank of gas) by Northampton Motorsport last year. You can work out from that how much my xflow doesn't produce...  :blush:  :D

:D My road car is 313 BHP per ton

:(  My race car is 288 BHP per ton when running on all four cylinders. Or like is was at the last sprint about 100BHP per ton running on 2 cylinders. :D:p

Edited to add all with driver  :oops: just think how fast they would be if I could shed a couple of stone.  :p

A major issue with the fuel pick up causes that minor glitch

Rob,

I thought that it was on carbs?

John

Mike SEiW,

Do my eyes deceive me? are you serious that there was 76kg of LEAD weights built into the car??

what the devil indeed!

Was that some kind of BTCC-style handicapping system for Curborough :D

Registration (SVA-like) is different in Sweden. Car weight is related to its power and there's a minimum of 15kW/100kg it has to reach up to. VX engine has 110kW=at least 733kg of weight including driver (est. 75kg).

So that's why. It's not there now. :D