Duratec SVA and weigh-in

Glen H

No, I'm not...

Why not then

You can breath up hear with out an oxygen bottle dispite what Blatters tells you there are lots of Westfields going look here

so why are you not comming up to the best circuit in the country for 7 type cars...........................

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• Nick M

• Glen H

• adhawkins

Umm...chances are I'm gonna be busy around then. Having a wife who's a schoolteacher means the only chance we get to take a holiday is during August (basically).

Probably be doing my tour of the UK :)

Andy

I had enough trouble convincing her that a tour of the UK in the Westfield would make a good summer holiday, without trying to throw in a track day too :)

Andy

I had enough trouble convincing her that a tour of the UK in the Westfield would make a good summer holiday, without trying to throw in a track day too

Just leave here at the hotel for the day have you not looked at what the hotel offers.

I guess buying expensive lightweight carbon & titanium bits eats into the motorsport budget then.      

all the lightening stuff I have done to my car has been cheap and cheerfull.  still a carbon free car (if i had the money tho  :D  :D ).  thrown away the windscreen and wipers and doors and roof and carpets and my lass.  that saved a fair bit of weight  ;)  ;)

as for speed cameras, i find smiling and waving at them helps  :durr:

I had enough trouble convincing her that a tour of the UK in the Westfield would make a good summer holiday, without trying to throw in a track day too

From a previous post, I understood Mrs H was up for the tour and even gave you suitable dates, it was just you who was stalling!!!!!!!

From a previous post, I understood Mrs H was up for the tour and even gave you suitable dates, it was just you who was stalling!!!!!!!

I never said a word :)

Also one other point - I find it odd that people who are raving about light weight in a Westy aren't seen competing in their cars. What's the point in building a lightweight car for the road I ask? Unless you have a need to save on fuel or tyre wear or something. :suspect:  :oops:  :zzz:  :0  :p  ;)  :)

a) as a track day/fast road car you want it to feel good, and a light car will accelerate faster, stop better and corner better (all other things being equal) and should feel - but what is feel ??? better

DING !!

I have little interest in competition to be perfectly honest.

I'd rather enjoy driving on trackdays as and when I have the time and not necessarily worrying about the last 1/10th of a second in a 60 second run.

Lightweight doesn't have to be difficult or expensive so why not do it if you can ?  It's also worth noting that if you use better quality components - brake calipers for example - there is often a weight benefit which isn't the primary reason for buying them but which is nice all the same.

Carbon, in terms of weight saving, probably isn't worth worrying about unless you're going to do properly with pre-preg stuff, which makes it expensive.  But there's nothing wrong with using it for cosmetic purposes like dashboards.