Aintree parking space

pistonbroke

I Intend visiting Aintree Sprint this W/E as a spectator.

I contacted Aintree circuit Club regards secure parking for Westies.

The reply was  as follows

The Spectator car park is in view of the Gate Security Men but there are no dedicated parking attendants.

You could ask the organisers for a dedicated space in the paddock area, in view of the Westfield SCC being an invited Club.

Regards

Michael Ashcroft

Aintree Circuit Club

Do any of you think a paddock parking area would be possible ?  

answers on a postcard please !

might encourage a few more speckies to support our lot

:)

I can't see the CoC allowing space for non competitors in the paddock, especially as there appears to be a perfectly acceptable spectator parking area.......

Do any of you think a paddock parking area would be possible ?  

I fully appreciate your concern (especially in scouseland) ...... but at most circuits paddock parking is for drivers, officials and dedicated vehicles only as space is very often limited + there is often much trafic within paddock areas of competition vehicles  ;)  ;)

The last thing the CoC wants is the stress of someone obstructing competition vehicles or worse still ambulances  ;)  ;) He/she has enough to attend to.

Most circuits provide adequate spectator parking ............. but as with all public parking be it pub or supermarket it is at owners risk  ;)  :)

Should have come to Croft, we sorted one out :D:D:D Just outside paddock :D

The Paddock when I was there was not just within the track, but was all over the golf clubhouse car park and expanding anywhere possible.

Or in other words there are expensive cars dotted all over the place with easy access to anyone.  I never worried during the day as there were so many people about.  It was only the night I worried about (story of my life perhaps)

I fully appreciate your concern (especially in scouseland) ...... but at most circuits paddock parking is for drivers, officials and dedicated vehicles only as space is very often limited + there is often much trafic within paddock

Mark,

Thank you for your informed comment, I did not intend to be intrusive and fully understand your comments about the paddock being a working area,with all the marshalling issues and etc.

My previous enquiry on another thread on this sight regards this venue drew a blank, I was concerned about the parking facility at Aintree ,for the reasons you mention.

I have no previous knowledge of car park security there, but hoped other members might have.

As a Newbie I recently attended the Seven sisters sprint noted the cramped facilities there.

I assumed, that because aintree racecourse houses international events,and because of the much greater size, that it might be possible to organise an area for WSCC members.

I contacted Aintree to enquire about the options for parking and wether or not there were parking attendants on site.

The reply from them suggested it would be possible to arrange a dedicated area.Not neccasarily the "Paddock" area

If not this time,then perhaps future dates?

thought it might be a good idea

I really couldnt care less were I park as long as I am reasonably sure that the car will still have 4 wheels attached when I return to it.

that it might be possible to organise an area for WSCC members.

Most circuits will accommodate this, if possible, but it does need to be organised with advance notice given and approx. number of cars / area required  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D

Some AO's do try and organise this for events e.g. last one at Croft  ;)  :D  ;)

Contact your AO or try and help them out in organising it  ;)  :D  :D

Aintree isn't the best spectator circuit to be honest  :D  Harewood, Shelsley, Loton, Curborough are better and soon on the calendar  :D

There should be a separate parking space for WSCC members adjacent to the paddock, on the left as you enter the circuit. The road to the normal car park for spectators is still chewed up from the Grand National, unless anyone has a 4x4 version and keeping quiet about it.

The security (Aintree Racecourse staff) at the entrance will be manned from 9am, so will be able to keep an eye on the WSCC area.

Should be a good day, Seight has arrived and about half the Catervans have turned up. 54 of them from their Academy, the marshals are in for a busy day.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow, orange overalls and a westfield badge, can't miss me, unless you're competing, in which case try very, very hard to miss me

Bill

Hope to see some of you tomorrow, orange overalls and a westfield badge, can't miss me, unless you're competing, in which case try very, very hard to miss me

In which case a big Thank You Bill and all your fellow marshals  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)

"the unsung heroes" of all motorsport events  :D  :D  :D

This is great news ! Thank you all for the efforts , Hope to be there and watch our boys do well,

As a Newby I am impressed , Hope you all have a Good Day.

:D  :D  :D

I understand gates open around 10am anyone know what time the "action Starts"

Myself and the Welsh Wizard showed our faces in the afternoon. Nice talking to Scott Beeland, hope you get your cycle wings sorted :)

Nice to see so many Westfields competing too. I took quite a few photos, I'll put them up tomorrow night.

:t-up:

Andy

I did actually, in the tin top :D

Really wished I had a trailer to take the Westfield up with us on the Friday night. Wouldn't have been a pleasant drive up in the Westfield (didn't get there till after 11pm) but the rest of the weekend I really wished it was with us :(

Andy

There should be a separate parking space for WSCC members adjacent to the paddock, on the left as you enter the circuit.

Thanks Bill

I got there around eleven-ish , found a nice parking spot .....

smack in the middle of the caterham accademy lot  :p  :p  :p

So they could all see what a proper car looks like.

Great day out , fabulous Westy weather .