15 or 16

predawson

Would some of you mind posting some side on pics of your cars with 15 and 16 inch wheels? I think larger wheels look good but I don't want my car to look like a pimps car. Are 16's too big? Not fussed about expensive tyres because mileage will be low.

Cheers  :)

Accepted wisdom is 13s for track, 15s for road. There's no real need to go any bigger.

Andy

I have seen another brand of 7 with 17" and i think it looks neet...although i have no idea what it does to the handling  :arse:

This is mine on standard Westfield 15"

westy2.jpg

Hope this helps

Regards

Persil

Mine with 17's

1140.jpeg

Edited to say:

Ignore my avatar as it's kind of 'doctored' following some comments about pimps wheels :)

I have seen another brand of 7 with 17" and i think it looks neet...

Would that be a dax then? :D:D:D:t-up:

although i have no idea what it does to the handling  

Seemed pretty good to me the last time I went out in one :t-up: although I think it was designed with larger wheels in mind so probably a bit different to a westfield.

Scruffy

Great thanks for your help. Dracoro, can you confirm 15 or 16. They look just about the right size. Studbuckle how much for an hour?  :D

Mines on 17"  (non PIMP) look the same as my 15's did. rolling circumfernce is the same.

Just a bit more alloy than rubber   (on 40 tires)

Looks the dogs will post pic l8tr.

These are 17" on my friends V8 Locost. He has recently changed to 14" so may be up for selling them if you would like me to ask?

castle_combe5.jpg

Chris

And these are 15" OZ wheels on my Westy. I have also recently changed to 13" minilites as part of a cycle wing conversion so once I'm happy, these may also be put up for sale.

castle_combe4.jpg

Yer I know Tim, Scary isn't it!

I have been looking for a second hand FIA type all winter with no success, one came up on ebay but went for silly money so it looks like I will be paying Westfield £220   :angry:  + P&P

Chris