1st westie loads of questions

trevornewman

But I was told this last weekend by the company who set up my car on corner weights. They set up and look after F3 cars and have raced developed F3 cars all their life 30 odd years, so I thought it probably was correct,

They do test temps across the tyre for race cars, but  then you need to adjust camber as well as pressure to balance out for even temperatures !

Far too complicated for a trackday I should think as you need to do 3 or 4 laps between adjustments to let the temps settle down.

But I was told this last weekend by the company who set up my car on corner weights. They set up and look after F3 cars and have raced developed F3 cars all their life 30 odd years, so I thought it probably was correct,

They do test temps across the tyre for race cars, but  then you need to adjust camber as well as pressure to balance out for even temperatures !

Far too complicated for a trackday I should think as you need to do 3 or 4 laps between adjustments to let the temps settle down.

I'd of thought it would be quick and easy to record tyres temperatures as I previously described. And I'd of also thought that if you have set your camber already, you should adjust your tyre pressures to suit, because this will match your camber set up and this will provide the best grip for the circuit lap you are doing in the near future, cos lets face it you've just some laps to get heat in your tyres. I'd of thought you should check the temperature after the 1st stint. But yes this is probably a bit serious for first time trackdayers  :zzz:

Hi Trevor :D

As you can see you have started somthing now :D

Ive got lodsa information from the site and laugh at the banter

:D

Its fair to say that there is not always total agreement on the best solution to a problem or answer to a question but thats part of the fun.

C Ya

Rob

I noticed Rob from reading other posts

who suggested i was a newbie to trackdays (just the westfield mark)

ok so any more suggestions on thew other stuff

is the standard roll bar ok for trackdays?

OK as in it'll pass "scrutineering" (if they have any). However, roll the car at anything above walking pace, and your life will be in real jeapordy. Honest! The standard Westfield roll bar is purely cosmetic. It will offer practically zero protection in a roll over. I would not take to any track or airfield without an RAC bar from the factory.....

thanks blatman

your point has been noted thanks for the warning

ill add it it to the mounting early xmas presents im buying myself

Rob re the trs westfield harness have you got the number or website add.

http://www.trackstore.co.uk/shop%20frame.html

found them without the aircraft release @£42ea. is that a good price

tempted by the plays kool grp caterham style seat anyone got them any cheaper than £120 a piece or a second hand set surplus to their requirements for a reasonable renumeration