Bullet wing mirror

rich_w11

I bought the rear view bullet mirror and offside bullet mirror with brackets from Westfield last year.

I'd like to have a near side bullet mirror. I have found the manufacturer of the bullet mirror doing a search with the part number on the box EP090740 and came up with this, and I'm sure there is a UK distributor.

https://auto.pantaiwan.com.tw/en/product/EP090740.html

What I need is the fabricated bracket for it - does anyone have one they are happy to sell or know of where Westfield got them from?

Thanks,

Rich

Thanks for the link.

Where did you get the brackets from or did someone fabricate them?

Bought 3  mirrors and 3 brackets  from westfield . I have just pulled the brackets out of my post IVA box and it looks like westfield have given me two identical brackets but without unpacking the doors i cannot tell which side I have.   

I think the brackets should be handed unless they are the same and the mirror can be fitted either side of the mirror mount.

Sorry for the poor photos (I'm in a hurry!). The brackets do appear to be handed relating to the angle of the small u-shaped section that fits over the perspex wind deflector over the door.

The angle of the bar it's welded to looks a bit random though, but I'm not with the car to take a look.

PXL_20220726_063244487.thumb.jpg.49bd6d376ae25f1799b5b2193c3852d1.jpg

PXL_20220726_063128639.thumb.jpg.8879be9a9d500dc0892b4589177d2313.jpg

(insert expletive here)

looks like i have a pair of lhs mirror brackets

IMG_20220726_081447566.jpg

IMG_20220726_081454544.jpg

Yes, unfortunately that could be the case.

Here is a photo (not my car) showing the u-channel section following the angle of the perspex.

I don't know if the main tripod of the bracket is handed. I can take a look this evening, although it may be better for someone else to look at their own car if they already have the brackets (and the doors) fitted (which I don't yet).

mirror.jpg.fc9f17881688d9c2a961a8d169b0d5db.jpg

I have both out and compared them , the bottom struts look the same but the top strut needs an angle change and the bracket for the window needs rotating in two planes . On one of the brackets the disc that the mirror bolts to is half the thickness of the other one 

• 2 weeks later...

No surprise that someone has two identical mirror stands with their kit!  I had one correct (drivers side), the passenger side one had the top channel welded on sloping the wrong way and the centre post was 1" short!  I had lost faith in the factory at that point (is that really seven years ago, now?) so used the bits I had to refabricate ones that fitted (8mm steel tube is easy to source),  I was also then able to sort the top tubes so they ran in a straight line across the car - the original, "dislocated" look wound me right up!  I then had them powder coated afresh.

Whilst writing, I found that I could not adjust the passenger side mirror in far enough to be of use (insufficient adjustment available on the mirror) so, whilst I was refabricating, I added shelves to the vertical boss to take the mirrors.  I have since spaced the mirror out another 40mm each side and, with the addition of convex mirror glasses (from Europa Spares), I now have mirrors that are properly of use on the road and when reversing into the garage!

1 hour ago, Simon Marks - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Whilst writing, I found that I could not adjust the passenger side mirror in far enough to be of use (insufficient adjustment available on the mirror) so, whilst I was refabricating, I added shelves to the vertical boss to take the mirrors.  I have since spaced the mirror out another 40mm each side and, with the addition of convex mirror glasses (from Europa Spares), I now have mirrors that are properly of use on the road and when reversing into the garage!

Simon

since it looks like I will need to fabricate at least one mirror mount any chance you could produce a picture or two of your mods.

In this first image, you can see the projection I made up so that the mirror can be bolted vertically to the bracket.  I found that, when fixed horizontally (as supplied), I could not adjust the passenger mirror far enough inwards to be of any use.  It also shows the aluminium extension bracket I fitted recently which has finally put the mirror in the right position to see properly behind the car.

20220806_142925.thumb.jpg.6df6a3189ad9dd8dbbd91e0a7b4cadec.jpg

Here's the nearside one (similarly modified)

20220806_142953.thumb.jpg.d91b11bee2e9abf49856451c3c4a9c3c.jpg

Looking across the car, the brackets from the mirror base to the window saddle line up - rather than dog-legging as supplied.  That really offended me!  I lined the members up by running a timber across the car and cable tying the tubes to it whilst tack welding.

20220806_143000.thumb.jpg.4a62e13ae1e02a9384b9b2660608230a.jpg

Viewed from the front

20220806_165031.thumb.jpg.56cb22fad5ea1907ce5d384963276888.jpg

20220806_165043.thumb.jpg.15196ece921d89207615e517dfa541e4.jpg

20220806_165051.thumb.jpg.5a4a7594ee0e0dcea30f11e75d3d33dc.jpg

Mission accomplished!

When altering the mirror stands, I ordered 8mm diameter tube.  I was rather surprised to find that the factory had used 8mm round bar (easier and cheaper to buy, although somewhat heavier!).

• Like 2

Thanks for the pictures they look like sensible mods . Just measured the round sections on mine, bottom two are 10mm (allowing for powder coat ) top tube is 8mm and i think they are all solid , 

Mirror  mount on one side  is 1.5mm thick other one 2.25mm thick and the thinner one is distorted by the welding so looks like some metal stock to buy and a patient welder required. 

• Like 1

It's a shame you're not nearer to me, I'd be happy to sort it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1