Die Alpen 2022- The return visit - join the dots challenge

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

We enjoyed our trip in 2019 so much, that we booked to go back in 2020, but you all know what happened in March 2020. 2021 didn't happen either.

On Tue 28th June, @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman @Greenstreak-Andy D @Stu Faulkner & I sail from Harwich for 11 great days of Euroblatting with a least six countries and 1800 miles to drive. 2 ferries, 1 train and 4 different hotels.

Here's a clue to our route-

image.png.cbffb48475aa4a68f63920d84522a8cc.png

image.png.8e904470bd4d4e2daef40c208d7cdd13.png

We've had a few challenges to over come including the train company we paid in 2020, giving us a voucher that was valid until 2030. They now don't travel from Dusseldorf to Innsbruck and wouldn't give us our money back. They could offer Hamburg to Innsbruck, but driving further North and East, when you're trying to go south doesn't really help. We got the Austrian Train ombudsman involved and our money came back.

Our new train company (Urlaub Express) was booked for the same journey (very few options of dates in this post Covid era), shortly after booking they advise they can only move us as far as Munich. So we've adapted our route and have found some great roads to drive from Munich to our base camp in Nauders.

To be continued.....................

• Like 5

Wow, sounds a great trip. Best of luck to everyone and please send updates as and when you can 👍

• Like 2

It’s been a long time in the making. 

• Like 2

Brilliant to see folks really enjoying the cars!

I hope we'll see some WSCC YouTube  livestream up and down those mountain passes and of course the obligatory Tunnel Audios...

Have fun and safe trip!

• Like 2

Looks like it will be a fantastic trip - have a great time - looking forward to the updates!

• Like 2

Is it normal for one to get excited about a holiday that you are not going on? Probably not but it's exciiiiting!! 

Have fun guys and don't hold back on the pics👍

☀️💃 sun dancing for you all

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Is it normal for one to get excited about a holiday that you are not going on? Probably not but it's exciiiiting!! 

Have fun guys and don't hold back on the pics👍

☀️💃 sun dancing for you all

I'm with you!

A must do for my next Westie, but in the meantime I'll try to live it through others.

• Like 3

I hope you have figured out how to mount a server to the roll bar for all that 360 footage lol.

Enjoy the trip guys, I’m looking forward to updates. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Safe and happy journey everyone, we'd better see a full report in the Autumn issue of WW and good calendar photos too!

• Thanks 2

Have fun guys, look forward to the photos! Veeeeerrrry jealous 😂

• Like 1

Yes, just a day to go 👍, all the best and as Rob says Well Jel ( apparently that's what the kids say these days, or so I have heard 😄)

• Haha 1

Today’s the day. 
I’ve only waited three years for this….

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stu Faulkner said:

Today’s the day. 
I’ve only waited three years for this….

It's going to be epic! I may even get out of the UK without myself and my Dash2 being Water boarded this time! 

• Haha 3

Bagpuss loaded up and ready to roll @11:45am

image.png.268716f3c68ef7f08f698b28861e00b5.png

image.png.3cdbe252050690e8d069781e7087e37c.png

image.png.3cdbe252050690e8d069781e7087e37c.png

image.png.32fe1a5c33a39bbe7ca4f8f68107e007.png

I don't expect the jubilee left over flags to survive past 10mph, but I've got spares on board 😉

• Like 5

Have a good trip Guys 😎 If I wasn't going to Le Mans today Ide be jealous 😆

• Haha 1