Peak District Run, Sun 19 June 10am Bikerpics Added!

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet McD's , Matlock, 10am for a run around the Peak District chasing cake, who's coming?

Edited by Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative
bikerpics added
  • Like 2

I should make this one weather permitting just need to double check with Sue we have nothing planned.😀

• Like 1

I’m not coming if @Andy Westwood is coming as there would be no cake left!!  
Seriously thou it’s Father’s Day so my wishes are totally irrelevant. Been booked to see them so that I can be shown their holiday photos as they are just back from a Greek cruise. 🤨

• Haha 3

As long as the weather is good Sue and myself will be attending Julie. If 2 cakes @AndrewBClarke isn't coming all the more for us Julie🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glynn Walters said:

I’m working sorry!

ah that's a shame, I was looking forward to the BEANO modifications😃

• Like 1

I might make an appearance too, have to be back for lunch though as have the rugrats coming over

• Like 1

Refereeing at a shoot unfortunately although I should be free the following Sunday weather and family permitting.

Have fun (and cake, lots of cake).

Luke.

• Like 1

Short but sweet meet up this morning, sadly had time get home for lunch....

Early morning meet up near Derby with Tony and Alex before convoying up to Matlock.

20220619_090435.thumb.jpg.d93c6ad7c16ed7a6a9699a763783e2e3.jpg

McDonald's was very busy due to a local classic car meet so sadly we were spread around the car park.... how rude of them, spoiling the normal photo! 😂

Luckily I got a little video of the departure 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Firstly, I have news for you, the Bull in the Thorn cafe has finally reopened, it is now The Bull Yard and it is a pub. We called in the other day and the menu is typical pub fayre with breakfast is served from 8am, so when it has settled down we will give it a whirl.

Thanks for the vid, Rob, and that's without a 360 camera:devil:

We met at McD's and there was a rather odd car in the car park, it had Jag badges on it and it looked great, but what it was I don't know??

DSC09117 (2).JPG

DSC09118 (2).JPG

Alex had to park separately

DSC09120 (2).JPG

then Rob, Martin, Chris and Andy and Sue

DSC09121 (2).JPG

next to the friendly IAM bikers were us, Tony and Nigel

DSC09122 (2).JPG

After breakfast Rob and his Rebel's headed back South, leaving the rest of us to pick up the high roads of Buxton, the twisty roads of Crowdecote and the Via Gellia before landing in Bonsall.

Glen got cheeky with the camera as we were travelling along.

DSC09128 (2).JPG

On the big roads

DSC09129 (2).JPG

and the smaller roads

DSC09134 (2).JPG

Quite how that moody sky didn't drop any water I don't know

DSC09137 (2).JPG

near the end Nigel peeled off down the Ashbourne road for Father's Day duties and we parked up in Bonsall village.

DSC09139 (2).JPG

Chris and Andy having a shiny car competition, and this was after a run through the Peak District, there are a lot of constipated cows out there.

DSC09140 (2).JPG

DSC09141 (2).JPG

After lunch the cakes arrived, Martin had eaten his before the camera came out and Chris was having tomato sauce instead.

DSC09144 (2).JPG

Andy, The Cake Meister, did not disappoint, he had chocolate orange cake AND lemon ice cream, I bet you can't read that without your mouth watering 😜

DSC09146 (2).JPG

Fantastic. If you ever feel grumpy or stressed just have a look at this photo and suddenly nothing matters anymore.

Great company, lovely cars, and the super roads have made for a priceless day out, thank you everyone. 

• Like 9

We both had a great day with great company. The route through the Peak District and views were fantastic. Finished off with lovely food. Thanks for another terrific day out with like minded friends.

Thanks Julie and Glen for organising great day.

IMG_20220619_110639.jpg

IMG_20220619_110540.jpg

IMG_20220619_110533.jpg

IMG_20220619_110529.jpg

IMG_20220619_105343.jpg

IMG_20220619_105337.jpg

IMG_20220619_105029.jpg

IMG_20220619_104810.jpg

• Like 5

Glad you had a great day out 👍 I think the Jag is an XK120 or 150 I’m not that good but so someone with some brains will be along soon to tell us what it really is 🙄 take care folks and see you all soon A&B

1 hour ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

We met at McD's and there was a rather odd car in the car park, it had Jag badges on it and it looked great, but what it was I don't know??

It’s a 1955 Jaguar XK140 and probably worth about £150k.

Oh wow, glad I gave him the thumbs up when he left then! @Andy Westwood did the photo's of the interior come out? can we see please?