Westfield Sports Cars have gone into Administration

Sean Nock

Norco was a previous supplier to westfield

Not the current one 

I'll bet there's not many fibreglass manufacturers in England that haven't supplied WF at some point :rolleyes:

That's the problem, they've used so many for the grp work over the last few years.

1 minute ago, Rednop1 said:

Norco was a previous supplier to westfield

Not the current one 

They used multiple including one in Poland I think. Current supplier of FW bodywork are in West Yorkshire I believe

I know who the current supplier is there was talk of Poland for bodywork and chassis manufacture but that was in the pipeline and didnt happen before they went under 

Its a very sad situation i know many people at the factory very well and i can imagine they are in a state of shock as some  have working there 20 plus years and I'm sure its had a massive impact on everybody  and i wish them all the best in whatever they go onto do .

I would like too think the Westfield brand will continue one way or another but it could take sometime to get things sorted out.

Isnt it strange how things happen Chris Smith sadly passed away and just over 6 months the brand goes into administration.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

So true Ash, so true.

51 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

I know who the current supplier is

AJ glassfibre is Castleford for FW bodywork I believe, the factory was exploring new suppliers as material cost we’re going up and up due to current climate

7 hours ago, JohnL said:

Fibreglass Sports Car Body Panels - NORCO Composites & GRP

Suppliers to Westfield

what would strop these selling direct or even to another kit car parts supplier?  surely theer is a nice parts business

18 minutes ago, andyj007 said:

what would strop these selling direct or even to another kit car parts supplier?  surely theer is a nice parts business

It’s unlikely they own the mould tools or the IP which would belong to Westfield.

9 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

It’s unlikely they own the mould tools or the IP which would belong to Westfield.

The molds will be the property of Westfield. But, if the supplier is owed money from Westfield, it could be difficult getting them back. 

11 minutes ago, Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

The molds will be the property of Westfield. But, if the supplier is owed money from Westfield, it could be difficult getting them back. 

They would have a lien but that wouldn’t give them any legal rights at this time to use them for their own gain.

What it does give them is leverage to negotiate and come to an agreement with the administrator such as to take ownership of the tooling they hold and dispose of that or any parts they may already have made in exchange for writing off part or all of any debt they might be owed.

1 minute ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

They would have a lien but that wouldn’t give them any legal rights at this time to use them for their own gain.

Yes having the moulds doesn’t mean a company can use them and it’s not too hard to make a mould from a plug anyway. it’s the right to manufacture the Westfield bodywork shape thats to be confirmed 

I once asked Nick Algar if he would make some plain ABS front cycle wings and he said no because it was a condition set by Westfield. Fair enough I guess and now all this will be held by the Administrators.

Note, I've updated the "help" thread with a message from the Belgian distributor I received today, they have some parts availability, and will try and help the UK owners if they can.

• Like 4