Westfield Sports Cars have gone into Administration

Sean Nock

11 minutes ago, Mark E said:

What bad news - sorry for the staff.

I'm mid-build unfortunately, and even more unfortunately owed the ECU and ITBs!

I just joined this club, so i hope i can draw on the 'community' to help to get my car finished....

@Mark E you will find this is one of the most helpful car communities out there. I would strongly recommend starting a build diary and you will get lots of useful help. On the bright side, the ECU and ITBs are from a well known 3rd party supplier, so can be purchased direct. You may even find someone in the club selling a set!  I sympathise with you getting hit by this mid-build, but I'm sure you'll get everything sorted.

Gutted to hear this, hope the staff can get sorted and find something else quickly. Like Mark E, am also in the early stages of building but had deferred collection of the bodywork, tyres, seats & trim until later 😞 Have contacted the administrator but am not hopeful

• Sad 2

Thanks Dave,

This is where our club really shines - the reassurance for owners that we have the initiative and expertise in the club to help protect Westfield owners and builders for years to come, no matter what happens to the factory 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, andyj007 said:

how on earth can a company go to stoneleigh and take deposits knowing they were in debt and possible on the edge about to fold?  they had a nice little company there..

Well said. I know they were taking deposits as I watched them do it. Really bad that I said to the wife when I was there that it seemed pushy on the stand to get deposits for full kits/builds. Now I understand why. Bad news especially for the staff that have given all their time & commitment to the company but not the done thing in my view. 

Lets hope a buyer comes forward even if it means moving & downsizing some what, but keeping the cars alive in some way or form must be the priority. 

12 minutes ago, BLOGGY S7 said:

I know they were taking deposits as I watched them do it

Probably hoping that it would provide enough cashflow to prevent whatever has just forced them into administration. 

1 hour ago, Mark E said:

What bad news - sorry for the staff.

I'm mid-build unfortunately, and even more unfortunately owed the ECU and ITBs!

I just joined this club, so i hope i can draw on the 'community' to help to get my car finished....

i Can sort the ecu and itbs if needed from the manufacturer just drop me a message

• Like 1

I see that people are hoping that Westfield will be saved, Tiger Racing have offered to help out, MK and GBS have been mentioned as saviours, but would they want to take on another model that is similar to the ones they already build?. Now if someone like Lawrence Tomlinson at Ginetta was interested.

Just thinking out loud. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alex Gaskin said:

Just posted on Facebook, the team at Tiger have offered a helping hand to people who are mid build. 47C4DB65-94CE-40DD-8AC7-5E611819963E.thumb.png.dc2baa15169b1df18c9ae335317dac9e.png

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman @Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary

I realise this may be in hand but could one of you email the Tiger Team to express our thanks and start a line of communication? Same for any of the other manufacturers who may have a vested, if somewhat tangential interest in maybe helping with outcomes in this particular industry sector...

• Like 6

This is really sad news for both the staff and wider community. They were always a pleasure to deal with. Ian Galloway was always genuinely helpful and I welcomed his advice. 

• Like 1

Sad to see, but I've just hopped onto the Lotus 7 forum (Caterhams) and many of the comments are of sadness, with only nice things to say about Westfield, which was very nice to see - many of the owners on them saying they had good memories on owning Westfields previously.

The general consensus is they hope someone picks it up as a going concern and turns it around...

Mart.

2 hours ago, andyj007 said:

westfield owe 2m to another company with same directors...  yup smell a rat on that one ...   

Hopefully isn't like Norton

7 minutes ago, Mighty Mart said:

Sad to see, but I've just hopped onto the Lotus 7 forum (Caterhams) and many of the comments are of sadness, with only nice things to say about Westfield, which was very nice to see - many of the owners on them saying they had good memories on owning Westfields previously.

The general consensus is they hope someone picks it up as a going concern and turns it around...

Mart.

Yes, I had a look earlier and half expected some cynical posts from the membership, but I was heartened to see that, as you said Mighty Mart, the majority of comments were sympathetic and very friendly to the Westfield marque. It did occur to me that, dependent on how much the current situation in the world adversely affected Westfield and how much was born within the firm, Caterham could well be feeling the very same cold wind. I hope not as the desire to own a Lotus Super Seven in the 1960s was what eventually brought me here and into the Westfield fold. 

• Like 2

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to Westfield Sports Cars have gone into Administration
  • Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman pinned this topic
  • Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman locked this topic
  • Captain Colonial unpinned this topic