Westfield Sports Cars have gone into Administration

Sean Nock

This is terrible news. I do hope they find someone to take it over and all the workforce get sorted quickly.

Especially as I have a pile of parts to collect. 🤦‍♂️

• Sad 2

Damn, this is not great news in any way! I hope the workers are looked after, and that all those mid-build can get what they need to complete their cars.

As others have said, as one of the bigger names on the market I'm hopeful that someone will take the company forwards.

I'm sad to see this and wish all the best to all the people involved, employees, suppliers, customers, and those around them who also get impacted by something like this.

For those waiting for parts, there are a number of suppliers who can help and without the threat of litigation might be more willing to speak up.

This is if the worst happens but hopefully a buyer will be found.

• Like 1

Elon could buy it with the loose change in his pocket. 

This is very sad but could actually be good news for the brand, we were discussing about ensuring the membership doesn’t dwindle and if the brand is purchased then maybe we as a group can help re establish the brand with closer links to the factory…. 

• Like 3

My thoughts are also with the employees and those with outstanding items.  I guess it is time to wait, to let the dust settle and see what options present themselves. 

With a history going back 40 years, and a knowledge of how to build our types of kit and complete cars, if there is a commercial future in that aspect of the business, I hope that it would make an opportunity that someone would like to take up.

• Like 1

This is a bit belt and braces but just in case anyone might be unaware of our relationship with the factory, the WSCC are entirely separate from and in no way a part of WSC Ltd, so there is no need for any concern about the club’s short or long-term future.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Unfortunately not just the immediate factory employees, but also those in the supply chain supporting the factory who may lose out on business.

Certainly very early days and those products profitable to the company will no doubt continue in one way or another as going concerns. 

It can be the supply of spare parts in support of keeping existing cars on the road that needs careful management, especially those relating to the less popular models...

Ironically, Scott, it could enhance the club's viability because the sole source of knowledge will rest with the Club.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Ironically, Scott, it could enhance the club's viability because the sole source of knowledge will rest with the Club.

*makes notes, prepares to recommend increasing membership subs while blaming @Man On The Clapham Omnibus…*

• Haha 9

15 minutes ago, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

long-term future

have to slightly disagree, it Westfield stays closed then the number of Vehicles won't grow, it can only shrink over time. So the long-term future must be uncertain, agree it should have no effect on the short to medium term futures though. 

1 minute ago, Rhett Turner - Black Country AO said:

have to slightly disagree, it Westfield stays closed then the number of Vehicles won't grow, it can only shrink over time. So the long-term future must be uncertain, agree it should have no effect on the short to medium term futures though. 

It’s a little early to worry about long-term when we are still hoping someone takes WSC Ltd out of admin.

It's easy to imagine the Chesil and EV 7 springing back up with a bright future - they should - although our typical flavour of Westfield needed some new ideas and investment as we've been discussing elsewhere. Autonomous pods seemed a weird idea for a tiny company to invest in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Autonomous pods seemed a weird idea for a tiny company to invest in.

I’m only guessing here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that direction was financed partly or in whole by public grants, which would have provided welcome funding into the business.

Having just completed my build at the end of last year I’m gutted by this news. Some great people at the factory and they were a massive help to me getting through the IVA. Hope they all manage to move on to something somehow.

• Like 2