Sports turbo seats for XI IVA

Morris

11 minutes ago, stephenh said:

the chances of a fibreglass shell type seat being capable of that are I think very low

This is where there's a lot of variation in the designs of shell type seats. Some have considerable extra reinforcement in the headrest seat back area, but many don't. Some are have a full second skin, (ie a back as well as a front part), which again provides massively more strength. However, very few, and I'd guess none of the very cheap shell seats will have any sort of approval/test documentation.

Also don't forget "IVA OK" can be a bit deceptive, as in instances like this, it can only refer to the things the seat is directly tested on, such as edges etc, but it can be the whole installation of the seat, it's position in the car etc, that can still catch you out.

46 minutes ago, paul k said:

Do we know how many 11's are still in build , the chassis number on mine implies it is the 8th of the year and was delivered in november so there should be a lot more than appear on the forums

Does any one have an idea of how many XI's actually stay in the UK? I would expect a decent percentage if them go abroad, in main to the US? 

When I ordered mine in Oct 2020, I got chassis number 4 of the 3rd batch of 6 for the year, so car 16. But I didn't collect it until Feb 2021.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, rich_w11 said:

IMG_0242.thumb.jpg.02ce0b9171d19527f705e125c917142e.jpg

Same as I used - I did have to move the harnesses from through the bulkhead and then clear some bodywork on the rear clam to have a clear line from mount to the seat.

• Thanks 2

So I won the seats on eBay and plan to collect on Sunday, which should give me enough time to fit them for Tuesday's test.

If anyone needs seats for their XI IVA let me know. I am based in Norfolk though!

• Thanks 3

I also have a set of suitable seats for XI IVA purposes and am in Cardiff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, rich_w11 said:

So I won the seats on eBay and plan to collect on Sunday, which should give me enough time to fit them for Tuesday's test.

If anyone needs seats for their XI IVA let me know. I am based in Norfolk though!

The problem that I have is the seller isn’t forthcoming with telling where to collect. Hmmmm.

And the DVSA has just rung me to say that they’ve cancelled my appointment tomorrow as there are issues at the Norwich test centre and the next available date is the 25 August!!!

• Sad 5