Goodwood Shakedown

Hawkemotorsport

We actually found some time to get our race car out for a shakedown at Goodwood on Friday.

I know its not a Westfield, but I thought we would show you a little video from inside the car, in case anyone was interested.

I would like to get this to a couple of shows or WSCC events at some point and get to meet all you nice members :)

Anyway here is a short video

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to know a lot more details please!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hawkemotorsport said:

We actually found some time to get our race car out for a shakedown at Goodwood on Friday.

I know its not a Westfield, but I thought we would show you a little video from inside the car, in case anyone was interested.

I would like to get this to a couple of shows or WSCC events at some point and get to meet all you nice members :)

Anyway here is a short video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9PS6U6Z8Cg

Should bring it to the blyton trackday on the 18th July. Looks awesome and sounds bl**** brilliant !!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pco said:

Should bring it to the blyton trackday on the 18th July. Looks awesome and sounds bl**** brilliant !!

But then we'd all miss it :( the club track day is 10 days earlier...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New display name REQUIRED said:

I'd like to know a lot more details please!

What would you like to know?

I'll start with the basics 😁 So the car is running 600bhp (550 lbft torque), with the original straight 6 (2JZ-GTE) engine. Running a full race spec head done by swindon race engines. We are runing a Borg warner 91/79 single turbo all with custom manifold, downpipe and exhaust, The Gearbox is a Quaife 69G 6 speed sequential box controlled by the Geartronics air shift closed loop paddleshift system. We are using a 3 plate OS Giken basket clutch/flywheel with a lightweight shortened propshaft. TRD Racing limited slip diff all solid mounted.

Chassis wise, it was stripped out, floor cut out and space framed. This is so the engine could be moved back behind the front suspension mounts to make it mid-engined, also saved a lot of weight. Now she weighs in 1150kg from 1680kg..

261.jpg

268.jpg

224.jpg

• Like 1

I did think that transmission tunnel looked "none standard"!

That is some weight saving, and a sensible level of tune for the 2JZ. 

What series is it raced in?

Do a proper build thread please. 

16 minutes ago, New display name REQUIRED said:

I did think that transmission tunnel looked "none standard"!

That is some weight saving, and a sensible level of tune for the 2JZ. 

What series is it raced in?

Do a proper build thread please. 

Still plenty of weight to be removed, but for now it would be good to get the car out of development and start to actually use it :)

Will be looking to enter it into Time Attack, in the Pro Extreme series at some point. It does not comply with many series to be honest mainly because a lot of what has been to the car engine position does not comply with regs etc. But I am sure we can arrange a demo at a sprint or something :) Track days for sure, (we will whack another seat in it if anyone wants a ride)

It's also there to show what we can do and has a lot of the stuff we sell to demo it to customers, although we now say if you want a demo that you haven't just eaten lunch, the record we have for making someone "ill" lets say was just over a lap 😁 (I still feel really bad for the guy, I thought he kept saying faster, so I pushed even harder and harder, but he was actually saying he had thrown up in his helmet and to pull into the pits)

Ok, I will put together a build thread over the coming weeks in our traders section if you like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkemotorsport said:

Ok, I will put together a build thread over the coming weeks in our traders section if you like.

Yes please 👍

53 minutes ago, New display name REQUIRED said:

But then we'd all miss it :( the club track day is 10 days earlier...

Ek I better go check my dates or I'll be booking leave and turning up at the wrong day 😂