Westfield Administration, help for members.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

To all Westfield owners, regardless of whether you're a member of the WSCC or not.

By now, many of you will be aware of the sad news, Westfield Sports Cars Ltd is indeed in administration.

Westfield Sports Cars Ltd. (WSC Ltd)

For discussions concerning this, it's implications etc please see the thread below.

https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/148054-westfield-sports-cars-ltd-in-administration-090622/

This thread is here to help support owners and our members.

First off, if you have paid money to WSC Ltd, but not yet received goods, please contact MB Insolvency, (Mark Bowen) to ensure you are registered as a creditor.

information@mb-i.co.uk

https://www.mb-i.co.uk/

MB Insolvency

11 Roman Way
Berry Hill
Droitwich Spa
Worcestershire
WR9 9AJ

01905 776771

Contact your bank or credit card company, depending how you paid and advise them of what has happened, they may be able to raise claims to get some/all your money back.

Secondly, if, you have a vehicle or major parts there of fully owned by you all ready, currently at the factory for work to be done on it, whether repairs, upgrades or general service work, you must contact MB I immediately with the details. Or risk it getting lost in with stock etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you fall into the third category, and are not actually owed money, but are now stuck with either work that was booked into be done at the factory, of parts being needed that can now no longer be purchased from WSC Ltd, then we are working to put together a list of businesses that can help. (This will hopefully expand over time).

I've already spoken to the kind guys at Tiger Racing and MK Sports Cars, who have both been very supportive, so I will begin with them. 

Tiger Racing, 01975 466200 jim@tigerracing.com

- Build work, fabrication of parts missing etc, parts supply

MK Sportscars, Neil at MK was equally keen to help, note MK have several companies in the seven replica world, so please speak to them via the Kit Car Direct side of the business. 0203 432 2679

- Build work, fabrication, parts supply, grp

Edited to add a message from Oracle Cars BV, in Belgium.

Hi Dave,

My name is Eric Wouters, and I am the owner of Oracle Cars BV.

We have been importing kit cars in Belgium since 1997 and have been the official agent for Tiger, Hawk, Chesil (before it was bought by Westfield), GTM (same), NG and Westfield as well as dealt with, and helped out, other kit car companies in the UK to get their kits/parts into Belgium/Holland/Germany/France. Feel free to contact Tiger/Hawk or the others to check out our company.

Besides a large stock of parts from the other companies we also hold a vast stock of Westfield parts:

e.g. I have 5 full sets (LH+RH) of rear uprights, 2 full body kits (white and black) springs, front uprights, brake calipers + brake discs, a complete Chesil kit (be it LHD) including a shortened chassis (incl V5), windscreens, some seats, a dozen of wheel/tyre sets, 3 roll cages to convert a RAC roll-over-bar to full cage (rare built as special order for me) , 2 4AGE engines, a full KMS TB set, wiring looms, lighting sets, some hoods, etc, etc (actually to long to list), as well as some odd bits like eg a XTR2 fuel tank and others.

The past decades I've been supplying kit car owners on the continent with parts and kits, but seen the recent events I would gladly step in and help out the UK kit car enthusiast as well.

eel free to contact me.

E-mail (preferably) wouters.oracle@pandora.be

cell phone: +32 478 269 411 (after 6pm)

Kind regards,

Eric Wouters

Oracle Cars BV

Thanks to @Tim Reid (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO who after a PM conversation with me had a chat with SIltech on the Club's behalf, so:

https://www.siltechracing.com

Main number: 01362 820456

Andy Silman: 07912 219642

Dennis Silman: 07516 716053

- they have a complete car of body panels (including a tub) - which have their own design touches and are outside any possible IP issues connected to the factory. They also have a long and brilliant history of producing some amazing fabricated and machined parts for Westfields, including, but not limited to: wide track front suspension, modified rear micro adjustable suspension, Big brake kits, including a replacement front upright/big brake kit. Anti roll bars, chassis fabrication work and chassis damage repairs, fabricated parts and CNC made parts. And they really know Westfields.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will endeavour to keep a list going here, of potential parts suppliers for none-Westfield specific parts.

- this one will take longer to pull together, so please bear with us on this.

Omex ecu’s and looms, Tornado Systems Ltd. @LiamMc  https://www.facebook.com/tornadosystems

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon Dave.

where might I pick up cycle wing crackers for a standard hub and an MSA rollbar? Any ideas would be welcome.

thanks

4 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

OK, so I've been doing some digging and research through old receipts, packaging etc and picking peoples brains where possible to try and pull together a snap shot of "what came from where" at the factory. Hopefully this was all still current at the end, but without speaking to each of them I can't confirm. Note the list is provided "as is". I haven't been in communication with any of these guys, their details come from Google. I would suggest, if you want to try and see if you could obtain anything directly from one, start a thread here on the forum first, and see if you can get a few of you together, before contacting them. Goodwill, given they may be placed in awkward situations by the factory closing, may evaporate quickly if a couple of dozen people ring for the same thing!

Suspension:

Nitron (direct, dampers) Tel: (0)1993 849449 Sales@nitron.co.uk

Protech (direct, dampers) Tel: (0)1225 705553 

Uprights, brakes etc.

Hi Spec (complete front upright assy, inc upright, hub, brake callipers and disc. Rear uprights) Tel: 01322 286 850 sales@hispecmotorsport.co.uk

Driveline:

Power Torque (OEM Ford engines) Tel: (0)2476 635 757 info@powertorque.co.uk

Vitesse Ltd (OEM Mazda driveline, inc the adaptors for the diff)  Tel: +44 (0)1455 611230 sales@vitesse-ltd.com

Helix Motorsport (Clutches, Pressure plates etc) (0)1295 701076 sales@helix-autosport.com

J&R (Rear lobro CV joints, outer rear stub shafts) Tel 0121 770 5636 enquiries@jandrcvjoints.co.uk

Omex ECU - recently changed hands, suggest contacting @LiamMc at Tornado Systems Ltd, they're an Omex dealer

Silencers/manifolds

Birchills Automotive Tel: 01922 628 379 sales@birchillsautomotive.com (Main supplier?)

JP Exhausts Tel: (0) 1625 619916 sales@jpexhausts.co.uk

Radiators/Intercoolers

Coolex Heat Transfer Ltd Tel: (0)115 9423344 info@coolexperts.co.uk

Radtech Tel: 01543 502525 gd@radtec.co.uk

Chassis/fabrication

Caged/Laser (Cages, half Cages, wishbones, fabricated items, chassis) Tel: 01761 239 133 info@cagedlaser.co.uk

Electrical

Maxparts (Switches, wiper kits, lights electrical sundries, - many of the small parts, in fact) Tel: (0)1252 512 148 sales@maxparts.biz

Interior/Exterior soft trim.

Cobra (seats and interior) Tel: (0) 1952 684020 

GB Classic Trim (Half Hoods) Tel: (0) 2476 325 928 info@gbclassictrim.com

Brown and Geeson (Momo Wheels) Tel: (0) 1268 764411 

TRS (Harnesses) Tel: (0) 1302 750800 sales@trs-motorsport.com

Bodywork

AJ Glassfibre Tel: (0) 1977 60 36 51 info@ajglassfibre.co.uk

Windscreens

Pilkington (glass only, the frames were always done by a small  style operation, local to the factory, I've never been able to find out more) - couldn't find the contact info, they're hidden behind info request forms, the Westfield part numbers are in the Automotive Classics section. https://www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/automotive/classic-cars-home/makes-and-models/all-makes-and-models?make=westfield

As before, the list isn't exhaustive, and do remember that a. some of these companies may be owed money, b. may not be able to release products for which Westfield have the IP to you. But there they are, worth a try.

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman, if we were to stumble across other manufacturers who produce Westfield parts should we message you for you to check whether its safe to add to the list you're compiling thus keeping it all grouped together.

37 minutes ago, JTR said:

where might I pick up cycle wing crackers for a standard hub and an MSA rollbar? Any ideas would be welcome.

Cycle wing brackets - You could try Tiger or any of the fabricating companies. MSA roll bar = Caged

Wing brackets could be made at any fabricators (prob better than the snappy oem ones too) if you have one to work from.

I know he's not on here any more but AdamR of clear motorsport made me a pair for the alloy uprights. Might be worth contacting to see if kept the jig and would make any more?

1 hour ago, Glen_I said:

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman, if we were to stumble across other manufacturers who produce Westfield parts should we message you for you to check whether its safe to add to the list you're compiling thus keeping it all grouped together.

Yes please, drop me a PM, here, outside the list of companies that have supplied the factory as a matter of course, the OEM’s of Westfield land, as it were, we’ve been contacting the companies, making sure they’re ok with being listed, before adding them.

• Like 1

Caged Laser would have been the original suppliers of the wing stays to the factory, I guess. BUT, in addition to the great ideas listed, MK - via their Kit Parts Direct operation and Tiger Racing can both help with fabricated parts like the stays.

On 14/06/2022 at 17:39, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Caged Laser would have been the original suppliers of the wing stays to the factory, I guess. BUT, in addition to the great ideas listed, MK - via their Kit Parts Direct operation and Tiger Racing can both help with fabricated parts like the stays.

Thanks Dave this information was very helpful  i spoke to caged laser this morning  I've just got to email my order over panic over 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Re the Sport Turbo seats, Cobra have already now made these available from at least one of their existing dealers, see here: https://www.cobraseatsshop.co.uk/cobra-roadster-7-sport-bucket-seat-4937-p.asp

You need to select Sport Turbo from the drop down options list, then you can pick colours, materials etc.

They just won't have Westfield embroidered on them, though who knows that may be an option in time! Do check though whether the seat runners they offer are the Westfield compatible ones, I've not checked personally.

• Like 2

We have a very generous offer from Go Race, (steering column with quick release boss), which I will publish in the members only offers section of the Traders forum on their behalf. I need to clarify some details with them, then I'll update and add the post.