Westfield wanted

Turbospaniel

Hi I’m wondering what is around in the Cornwall Devon area? Nothing mega money as it’s my second second car. Needs to be fairly nippy as my other is a 200 bhp 924 turbo. Many thanks Mark 

48 minutes ago, Turbospaniel said:

Needs to be fairly nippy as my other is a 200 bhp 924 turbo

To be fair, pretty much any Westfield will feel pretty nippy because it will be half the weight (or less) than a 924. So even a car with 120bhp will have a greater power to weight ratio - and most have more than that 😁

1180kgs, so what he said ^.

Yeah in a way. Would need really 150 bhp ish I would think. No good a cvh putting out 100bhp. Once up and running the Porsche pulls hard as will in theory will hit 150 ish 😳 The aero makes a difference I believe. We shall see. Never much for sale in Cornwall anyway! 

I think you're going to have to accept you'll need to travel for the right car. good luck in your search. Best to get to a local meet (shame you've just missed Stoneleigh) and sit in / look at as many different cars to see what you really want etc.

• Like 1

Thanks yeah have been lurking for a few years. Need to get going and get one. Like you said probably will have to travel. That’s the southwest for you. Do you know of any events near me this summer? Thanks 

47 minutes ago, Turbospaniel said:

Thanks yeah have been lurking for a few years. Need to get going and get one. Like you said probably will have to travel. That’s the southwest for you. Do you know of any events near me this summer? Thanks 

I don't sorry. Best if you check here- https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/forum/67-local-area-meets-events-kit-car-shows/ and @Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO& @Sean Walsh - Devon & Somerset AO can also keep you posted with local events in your area.

Hi I'm considering selling my duratec powered westy ,215bhp with Simpson side exit exhaust, jenvey's etc ,but as mentioned I'm in Leicestershire so not close, this car was purchased from Dorset off a fellow member and the deal was done and driven back in a day so you'll have travel probably. 

Regards David. 

1 hour ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I don't sorry. Best if you check here- https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/forum/67-local-area-meets-events-kit-car-shows/ and @Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO& @Sean Walsh - Devon & Somerset AO can also keep you posted with local events in your area.

Thanks for that 

1 hour ago, David Black said:

Hi I'm considering selling my duratec powered westy ,215bhp with Simpson side exit exhaust, jenvey's etc ,but as mentioned I'm in Leicestershire so not close, this car was purchased from Dorset off a fellow member and the deal was done and driven back in a day so you'll have travel probably. 

Regards David. 

That’s certainly fast enough. Will be past my budget I’m sure. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Turbospaniel said:

That’s certainly fast enough. Will be past my budget I’m sure. Thanks 

It may help if you advise your budget too, then.

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

It may help if you advise your budget too, then.

Agree. Judging by other posts I’d guess £8-10k 🤔

Yes that’s probably the max budget. I think the way things are going should get something reasonable for that figure. A lot of over priced cars hanging around. Like has been said a need to get in a couple.

5 hours ago, Turbospaniel said:

Do you know of any events near me this summer?

Couple of events I know of in the sunny Southwest:
We will have a number of Westfields on display at the Historic Vehicle Gathering at Powderham Castle 9/10th July. Let me know if you want further info.

@Sean Walsh - Devon & Somerset AO Is organising a display of Westfields at the Lyn Valley Classic show at Lynmouth 12th June.

• Thanks 1

I bought my Westfield in January from someone a couple of hundred miles away from me. I drove up there to see it and test drive and then used Shipley to get it bought home. For appx £200 it's well worth every penny. When you're spending that kind of money, it's not a big additional cost and makes life easy and widens your choice of cars.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.