Run to the Sun, SATURDAY 18th June.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

I'm getting this one in early.

The 2022 Run to the Sun will be on Sunday 19th June. It's also the breakfast meeting the same day so how about making a day of it?

Breakfast at the Motorist from 11, then a steady run to the east coast for something else to eat then a run home into the setting sun on nearly the longest day. 

Destination to be decided nearer the day. 

Plenty of notice, so no excuses!

Would love to but it's my daughters birthday AND Fathers Day on the 19th so not a chance of me getting out in the new (to me) Westfield 😪

• 4 weeks later...

Bump for next Sunday. 

Getting a plan together. 

Meet at the Motorist at 10, leave at 10:30. We won't have breakfast there, instead head to the NY500 at Pickering. From there over to Whitby and then along the East Coast stopping off as and when we need to. Taking in Whitby, Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington and finishing at Hornsea for fish and chips. From Hornsea take the road through Beverley, hopefully avoiding the M62 this time. 

We can pick up and drop out along the way depending on your start and finish. 

Who's coming?

Possible cancellation. 

I've posted this on here, messenger and WhatsApp groups and so far I've had no one confirm that they are coming. 

I know it's fathers day, and some can't make it, I can even change the day to Saturday if that's better. 

Please let me know if you can make it, I don't want to be sat there on my own not knowing if anyone is coming. 

• Sad 1

Change of plan. 

The run is going ahead, however it will be on Saturday 18th. 

Same route as posted above. 

Who's coming? Please let me know. 

• Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO changed the title to Run to the Sun, SATURDAY 18th June.

Me n Debs will join you Robin, weather permitting 😉

Looks like no body's bothered again Robin

Al join if there's a few going and weather OK on bike

Bet ya if it were dearbisher group there'd be 10 to 15 going

When it gets colder everyone will be moaning how depressed they are cos winteres here and we can't get out blah blah blah

1 hour ago, Barnsley John said:

Looks like no body's bothered again Robin

Al join if there's a few going and weather OK on bike

Bet ya if it were dearbisher group there'd be 10 to 15 going

When it gets colder everyone will be moaning how depressed they are cos winteres here and we can't get out blah blah blah

Who's dug you back up @Barnsley John ? 😉 Good to have you amongst us still!

The weather, forecast isn't so good, but I don't get why people don't want to get out in their kits on a great run with @Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

I hope plenty turn up and a great time is had by all!

• Like 3

I mate no I'm not gone yet

Nobody seems to want to go out in our area group 

Mention a local car show everyone turns up to talk about how great cars are and how far they  don't go

In lock down eceryone was itching to get out millions of I wish then after lock down no one was bothered

Now excuses are petrol two dear

Mams in a home

Dogs had pups

It's two hot

Are well there ya go can't make em go

The run to the sun as always atracted  lots of cars in past

Cobras etc from this area

It's for longest day

Fish and chips at East Coast etc

But only des as come forward this year

Up to now so it dunt leave long before tomorrow to sort it out

Are well moan moan moan

Me and wife have done a lot of biking lately  round the Strines  cost etc 

She's in Spain at moment so a happy happy

Downside  her name lives here

Anyway Mr bagpuss see you around if am in your neck of woods 

• Like 1

After much faffing about, changing days, routes etc. we managed 6 people, 3 cars and 1 bike.

Meeting at the Motorist at 10 am, I was immediately insulted by the marshall telling me that there were some other Caterhams over there, when I told him "it's a Westfield", "sorry, nice colour" was his reply. 

Des'n'Debs and John were waiting for me, and after fixing my indicator we set off to meet Roger and Judy at Seaways cafe in Fridaythorpe then on to the NY500 for breakfast. 

From there, on to Pickering then Scarborough, missing Whitby (too far) and down the east coast passing through Filey and stopping off in Sewerby, parking up and having a walk down the coastal path. Fuel stop in Bridlington and down to Hornsea for fish and chips. 

We went posh, sitting inside, not eating them from the paper. 

It was then time to head for home before the rain came. Setting the satnav for "home" and avoiding motorways, I made it missing the rain. 

A long days driving, around 180 miles, but a good one.  Thanks to @Breakable?and Debs, @Never Too Oldand Judy and @Barnsley John for coming along. 

See you on the next one. 

20220618_122531.jpg

20220618_122647.jpg

20220618_164911.jpg

Screenshot_20220618-194651_MapMyDrive.jpg

• Like 5