Oh, joy! 🤬

Captain Colonial

Just what I wanted - Covid.

F477E65E-26C2-455A-9028-3EEE8C8114B3.jpeg

I’ve managed to go 2 years without it - I guess with 75% of the population having had it, it was inevitable.  A tad worried though as I was in the shielding group.  Wish me luck!

• Sad 3

At least you've picked a 'better' strain to catch. Hope all goes OK. 🤞👍

Fwiw my mum caught it a fortnight ago, mid 70s classed as vulnerable and was in the shielding group as she has copd. She was scared stiff. She came through just fine.

• Like 1

I'm sure you will be fine, Capn. Best of luck anyway.

• Like 1

Get well soon Scott, all the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

At least you've picked a 'better' strain to catch. Hope all goes OK. 🤞👍

Fwiw my mum caught it a fortnight ago, mid 70s classed as vulnerable and was in the shielding group as she has copd. She was scared stiff. She came through just fine.

Thanks, that’s reassuring and appreciated, glad your mum came through it fine. 😊👍

I communicated the news to to rest of the committee via WhatsApp with the above photo, and @Mark Redpath - WSCC Membership Secretary said from that photo I was pregnant.  I replied if I was, I wanted to know who the father was, because I don’t remember a thing! 🤬

• Haha 3

Good Luck Scott! As you might remember, my Good Lady is also clinically extremely vulnerable and she's avoided it so far too. As another poster said, you've waited until the more dangerous strains have passed hopefully. Please keep us informed. 

• Like 2

SHMBO has it at the moment too and is currently sat on the sofa feeling groggy and watching crap tv. 

im doing my best to stay away from her so I don’t catch it too, so more time in the garage for me.

• Haha 3

Here's wishing you a swift, uneventful and full recovery!

• Like 1

I am sure you will be fine Scott. My daughter works around your area and at the moment they have very few Covid patients in ITU and most of those are unvaccinated.

However, if you have an oxygen saturation test machine use it and if the levels drop go to A&E do not call 111 as some well meaning young kid will read off a script and delay treatment.

As I said I am sure you will be fine

• Like 1

My oxygen dipped to 92 . Was sent to hospital. I waited outside whilst wife enquired what to do and where to go. They said go in and wait in corner.  We explained what it might be. When got to see nurse she ranted and ranted on why I had gone to hospital with suspected covid !! Needless to say I counted to ten and then retaliated. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Arm said:

My oxygen dipped to 92 . Was sent to hospital. I waited outside whilst wife enquired what to do and where to go. They said go in and wait in corner.  We explained what it might be. When got to see nurse she ranted and ranted on why I had gone to hospital with suspected covid !! Needless to say I counted to ten and then retaliated. 

sorry, to read this Ash. I hope you're soon fighting fit!

Captain C, I hope you are suffering only mild symptoms and that they disappear soon. Feel better :t-up: 

1 hour ago, Arm said:

Needless to say I counted to ten and then retaliated. 

You can count to ten? :o 

• Confused 1