Brands Hatch GP trackday 17th May

Andrew

Have just bitten the bullet again, and booked another day at the fantastic Brands GP circuit.

The date is Tuesday 17th May, with MSV, at a very reasonable (for the GP layout)  £485. 

It's a lump of cash to fork out for one day, and the one I did last year, actually cost more, and was supposed to be a bucket list / once in a lifetime experience.. but, you only live once eh! 😉 

@Mole  you said you fancied it? 

Anyone else?

:sun:

239383974_1244837429262413_2266555985775713510_n.thumb.jpg.4a917187ae5ed54ac55944588ddccf4f.jpg

I will have a look and a think..maybe has to be a once in a life time for me..

Glad you are back up and about Andrew..

8 hours ago, Mole said:

I will have a look and a think..

Dont think for too long Martyn, there are two other Brands GP days listed with MSV, in April and June, and both are sold out now.

It's not too bad if you split it with another driver. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see there are still places Andrew but unfortunately won't be joining you..

Have a great day!

2 hours ago, Mole said:

I see there are still places Andrew but unfortunately won't be joining you..

Have a great day!

You'll probably do it when you're 70 like me Martyn. 

..and probably on the same set of tyres. 😉 

Yeah I can’t see him wearing out these PS3s in the next 2 years. 

• Haha 1

I keep trying.. in fact I was looking at them this morning and they are starting to wear on the left hand outside edge.... Have already swopped fronts and rear.. will need to do Bedford or another anti clockwise circuit!

• 4 weeks later...

Another great day at Brands. :sun:

There looked to be a load of cars entered, and there was an "experience" outfit operating some fast cars.. Mclarren, Porsche and Beemers etc.. (fast cars with slow drivers ) .. so I thought the track would be a bit busy, .. but it was surprisingly OK. The experience cars were slow, but generally got out of he way fast, and the general track etiquette was excellent.

The car ran OK, but right from the start we had bad vibes! The front right wheel was shaking like crazy.. mostly under light braking, and turning into right handers. I put it down to the recently fitted tyres being poorly balanced, so step one was to swap that wheel to the rear. This improved things but it didn't completely go away, and mid afternnon the inevitable happened.. a wing stay snapped. A couple of allen keys, a dozen tie wraps and some insulating tape got us back on track. I'll put up a pic, but it's not pretty.. it may offend! 😚

We made a point of trying to save some fuel for the last hour, as the track usually quietens down as people pack up. The plan worked perfectly.. on one of my last runs I got maybe two full laps without seeing another car.

The weather all day was sunny and warm.. very warm, 26deg. There were a few red flags but not too many, as I said a really good day. Brands GP circuit is a cracker of a track, well worth the money. (I may have said that before too)

The journey home was superb. We set off after five, got straight out and across the Darford crossing with no hold ups, and the traffic just thinned out as we progressed North. There was some torrential rain to contend with, but I was home before 10pm.

P1010523.thumb.JPG.3a0eaafce0bb2043770698fcee5e4d02.JPGDSC_0453.thumb.JPG.632dccec7f5bebfbde8769140900a59d.JPG

• Like 3

Defo sounds like you got your moneys worth; sometimes it pays to pay...and BRG is the best colour

Love the Battle Damage Repair on the wing stay to to keep on track, note to self, ensure I have WSRK for CKC Track Day at LLandow). Whilst studying the picture (I'm an engineer...) I couldn't work out what the 'rim' (Highlighted in red) was i.e I can see it is not part of the brake disc, was it the wheel rim or something else attached to car/wheel?

P1010523.JPG.8427daf4b086e07bf6c16d46b5c7f01f_LI.thumb.jpg.be9c21dfdb4853e09bbe689208beffaf.jpg

Weird, I'd have said it was the rim of a wheel possibly, but if it was, the bead of the tyre had pulled well away! Otherwise, brake cooling ducting?

55 minutes ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

I couldn't work out what the 'rim' (Highlighted in red) was

It is just the wheel rim. Does look a bit odd in that photo.

28 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Might explain the wobble!

I checked for the tyre run out, and it looked spot on.