Julie's Battle of the Odo's 2022

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

I did a 508 mile circuit of Wales Weds/Thurs with two other 7s. My 1.8 Zetec Westy amazingly returned 42mpg 😯

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Stuart said:

1.8 Zetec Westy amazingly returned 42mpg 😯

Can well believe this.

I could get similar IF I tried on a long cruise, but could also drop to sub 12mpg on a track day.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Labrat said:

£2280 a year

That is an interesting fact although it is one I try not to dwell on, otherwise I would never drive my car around on the great big circular road to nowhere. It does, however, help to achieve my aim of dying penniless😮

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Any further info Julie? We have an award to present.

I will gather the information together and announce it, the award, I believe, will be presented at the AGM next summer. It could be yooooooo.

• Like 2

• Captain Colonial unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

As it is exactly 1 year since this years competition was launched I am pleased to make the following announcement:

The winner of this years Battle of the Odo's is Andrew Clarke @AndrewBClarke at 4688 miles.

Well done Andrew, that's a years free membership for you to enjoy.

Coming in at second place is Andy Gilbert @aeg at 2821 miles, well done Andy, you will receive £10 off your membership renewal.

In third place is Matt Harrison at 2154 miles, well done to Matt, you will receive £5 off your membership renewal.

Thank you for entering everyone and well done to the winners.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well done @AndrewBClarke 4688 miles is outstanding, and even more outstanding is being able to afford to do it with a V8 under the bonnet 😱, I must try harder this year!!! But being as my MOT is in March I’ve already posted this years entry 😝 cheers @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative for running this competition I might win it one year 🤔

The ‘tag’ from @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative post didn’t work otherwise a more prompt response would have been made. 
Thanks Julie for organising and doing the maths. It has been a brilliant Westfielding year. 
Well done Mr @aeg If you had been able to be out for the whole year and not just 6 months then you would have me well beaten! Still better luck next year - you will stand a better chance as I can no longer enter due to the rules. 😁
Congratulations to Matt Harrison as well. 

• Thanks 1

Well done @AndrewBClarke You did more than the Queen of cake too!

I'm not eligible, but my mileage was 4561, So I was close! However we're all winners getting out and about in our great cars and it's even better with the great runs out we have in the peaks. 

image.png.96d19250bf5c0c1ddd1d750c16756b51.png

• Like 3

Well done @AndrewBClarke, that's some mileage!

I was over 3,000 but obviously disqualified now I'm an AO 😂