Warwickshire Area Curborough Track Day, Friday 27th May.

Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

Hi everyone, first of our usual two track days this year. The first event is on Friday, May 27th, so will everyone read the booking process below and send me your details as requested please.

Also, please read the following disclaimer:

** To save the WSCC from any liability issues I have to let you know that the Curborough track days have been booked by Warwickshire Area Organisers independently (as they have been for the last 15 years) and are not therefore organised or sanctioned by the Westfield Sports Car Club. **

As usual there are only 15 places available and I would like to offer the limited number of places to Warwickshire Area WSCC members first, followed by the wider WSCC membership. If all the places are not filled, I will post it on the Warwickshire Area Facebook page and accept non-WSCC members to make up the numbers. The cost this year will be £75 per person/car, if all 15 places are filled. This will cover all costs with a small surplus that will be donated to the appropriate WSCC charity. However, if we cannot fill all the places then I will have to ask for additional funds to cover the cost of the hire and the food we provide. These track days are often oversubscribed therefore we will keep a reserve list in case of last minute withdrawals.

The process is an online booking system as we used last year. Please follow the instructions below;

1.      Send me a PM with your full name and email address

2.      Pay the full balance by bank transfer to the details I return to you, ASAP please

3.      Read the track hire rules emailed to you

4.      Click on the link provided to complete and submit the Curborough driver booking form directly to SDCC

Ideally, I would like to see all monies paid and booking forms completed by the 13th May, but it must be done by the week before the event ie. 20th May. Last minute bookings will not be possible so I will not be able refund any non-attendance.

Due to the requirements of managing the track entrance and the BBQ etc. I could do with at least one assistant who is prepared to attend and help with organising without driving or alternatively a few drivers to give up driving time to assist. Please message me if you wish to volunteer.

This is always a great day and a safe way to explore the limits of your car and yourself with only one car on the circuit at a time. The usual BBQ food will be provided, however if you have any special dietary requirements you will need to bring your own food. You will need to bring drinks too. Intend to open the gates around 9am, with bacon butties available for breakfast. The track will open at 10am, with lunch from 1pm until 2pm and finishing at 5pm.

If you need any more information on this event, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I will add names to this list as they are booked - 15 PLACES AVAILABLE:

1. Ali and Gail

2. Justin Lever

3. David Burr

4. Andy & Becky

5. Geoff Hall

6. James R 

7. Steve Potter

8. Dean Bakehouse 

9. Phil Dyke

10. Mark Jones

11. James Huckerby

12. Adrian Parham

13. Mike Williams

14. Tony Marley

15. Ken Shuker

Reserves

Pulled out:

Ian Heawood

Tony Shakeshaft

Paul Cone

Luke Wyatt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update on the booking process, I have only just found out that the online booking is not required now, it appears that they have reverted to signing on at the track on the day.

I'm keen to go. But not from your region.

Will check availability with the boss later

On 08/03/2022 at 10:36, harrypotter said:

How many are booked in now Martyn? 

I've updated the list Steve.

Most are fully paid up but there is at least one person with car trouble so the reserve list may get a call up!

On 08/03/2022 at 11:49, Pco said:

I'm keen to go. But not from your region.

Will check availability with the boss later

I can only offer a reserve list place at the moment, PM me details please.

• 2 months later...

Hi Martyn,

As per the text I'm not going to ba able to make the day as my car is still off the road. Hopefully someone else can take the place and enjoy the day

Thanks

Ian

4 hours ago, heawooi said:

Hi Martyn,

As per the text I'm not going to ba able to make the day as my car is still off the road. Hopefully someone else can take the place and enjoy the day

Thanks

Ian

Sorry to hear that Ian can't make it but it is an opportunity for one of the reserves to take the place.

Tony Marley is 1st reserve so gets first offer.

@Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO I've just blagged the day off so weather permitting I'll head down to spectate. I don't mind helping out a bit if you need an extra pair of hands for a few hours 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RobH72 said:

@Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO I've just blagged the day off so weather permitting I'll head down to spectate. I don't mind helping out a bit if you need an extra pair of hands for a few hours 👍

Will good to see you Rob!

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Tony Shakeshaft has had to pull out of Friday's event. I have offered the place to Paul who is currently first reserve.

Hi all, just a few notes about Friday.

• Gates open from around 9am
  • Track walk/briefing for new drivers 9.45am
  • Track opens at 10am
  • Lunch 1pm to 2pm
  • Track closes 5pm

Clothing requirements - crash helmet, long sleeves/long trousers, gloves are optional but recommended.

We have bacon butties first thing and BBQ burgers etc for lunch but don't forget to bring drinks for yourself.

Any questions message me!

See you all on Friday!

• Like 1

On 23/05/2022 at 20:26, Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO said:

Unfortunately, Tony Shakeshaft has had to pull out of Friday's event. I have offered the place to Paul who is currently first reserve.

Further to this, Paul can't make it and neither can Luke, so it looks like the final reserve Ken is stepping in!

Well we had a great weather, a great day of track driving and no incidents!!!!

However there were a couple of items left behind.

Whose chair is this?

20220527_185403.thumb.jpg.a51487d5c493e3feada7b7a3f037a04a.jpg

I know who this belongs to but it was also abandoned!!!

20220527_190624.thumb.jpg.89fac6694bbb7a25464f2535bf4d1e3f.jpg