Giving a great experience for charity

Paul Aspden (MoFast)

Maybe it could be split into morning give some girls from the JD team a fright and then they disappear and we get the track to ourselves for the afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Paul Aspden (MoFast), The company I work for provide some IT consultancy services into JD (not my part of the business as I'm banking/fintech aligned) I'd be up for something like this with my car and know our head or marketing is a petrolhead so maybe we could help/sort something??? 

Drop me a PM over the next few days, I'll also ask questions internally

Regards

Ian

@heawooi which company is it and which part of the business do you supply consultant services to? 

Sign me up, though mine would be medium laps 😉 as I adhere to the Captain Slow Method of driving....

17 minutes ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Captain Slow Method of driving....

I’m sorry, but I don’t recall giving you lessons Chris?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kingster said:

I’m sorry, but I don’t recall giving you lessons Chris?

Maybe it should be Captain Chris method and that way we are naturally slooooow

30 minutes ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Sign me up, though mine would be medium laps 😉 as I adhere to the Captain Slow Method of driving....

Same here mate

Thanks for everyones input so far. Sounds like we have the following interested in doing this:

@Paul Aspden (MoFast)

@Jim cunliffe

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

@heawooi

@Kingster

Anyone else I could do with 2 more.

On 16/02/2022 at 19:20, Paul Aspden (MoFast) said:

It’s not about seeing how far you can push you and your car, but instead give a couple of people a run round.

I'm a potential (if Wendz let's me take her MX5) depending on when.

In my experience of taking 'the uninitiated' out for a track experience - for many a 1/2 pace warm up lap is too much to handle! Especially in a Westfield, which to them will feel like it's moving at twice the speed of a 'normal' car.

Hi Paul. 

Dates permitting I'd be interested. 

Cheers

Phil

Great idea Paul. I have done a few of these in the past at Castle Combe for the Stroke Association. 

Depending upon the circuit they may insist on their marshals, others let you sort this out 

Without being a killjoy you need a car with at least a MSA roll bar.

You need someone with a heat blanket to put over the exhaust if it is on the passenger side as burnt legs easily done.

A variety of helmets and liners, they can get sweaty and smelly.

I seem to recall all passengers signed a disclaimer.

Cars were sort of ranked and charged accordingly, Nick Mason was there on one with his 250gto so was top ranked and then they got lower so cheaper to get in. Mine was upper range as it had no screen and was a fast white knuckle ride.

I did 4 laps first one quick then got a thumbs up from passenger then hammer down unless they tapped to stop, only once but they managed to not throw up in the helmet.

The thing that got most was not the outright speed, it was the braking.

What we found is people often started in a slow car but then spent more going in the faster ones. I spent my cash in a radical with a good driver.

And finally, if I were doing this I would get some tin top cars there, fast ones, as surprisingly sitting in an open car as it slowly fills with water puts "normal people" off.

Guessing you would be looking at a Northern venue for this? 

Just read Blyton park, so a bit far for me. Not sure how feasible but opening this up for public you will be surprised how many would come from around the area local radio shows usually up for free plugs for a good cause