Giving a great experience for charity

Paul Aspden (MoFast)

Hi All

I am not sure this is the place to put this so apologies in advance if it is not.

Whilst the night job is running MoFast the actual day job as running a few large teams at JD PLC and whilst we focus on selling lots of trainers to the snowflake generation we also have foundation that supports charities working with disadvantaged young people in the UK.

What I would like to do is organise a track day where passenger rides are given to people within the JD organisation that have bid in on this experience at one of our charity auctions.

Would anyone be interested in I bringing a car and give some people a sensible thrill around Blighton Park if the track day cost was just fuel and time? Yes it would probably be more sedate but it would still be track time.

I would like to get 24 cars and 12 passengers involved if possible.

What a great idea, though I'd suggest you don't need as many cars and you could provide more passenger rides?

For an Experience, I'd suggest you'd only want 3-6 laps per passenger.

@Kingster @Rush Motorsport What do you two think?

16 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

What a great idea, though I'd suggest you don't need as many cars and you could provide more passenger rides?

For an Experience, I'd suggest you'd only want 3-6 laps per passenger.

@Kingster @Rush Motorsport What do you two think?

30 minutes ago, Paul Aspden (MoFast) said:

Hi All

I am not sure this is the place to put this so apologies in advance if it is not.

Whilst the night job is running MoFast the actual day job as running a few large teams at JD PLC and whilst we focus on selling lots of trainers to the snowflake generation we also have foundation that supports charities working with disadvantaged young people in the UK.

What I would like to do is organise a track day where passenger rides are given to people within the JD organisation that have bid in on this experience at one of our charity auctions.

Would anyone be interested in I bringing a car and give some people a sensible thrill around Blighton Park if the track day cost was just fuel and time? Yes it would probably be more sedate but it would still be track time.

I would like to get 24 cars and 12 passengers involved if possible.

I would do it. 

I’d be concerned about the insurance and liability situation tbh.

The first time I went around Blyton in a Westfield was as a passenger with Jamie Morrow and we did 3 laps, that was a fair number of laps I thought.

A lovely idea but unlikely to get approved by the Rush Motorsport internal risk dept. I wish you all the best with it though. 

These have been doing similar for some time- https://sportingbears.co.uk/

1 hour ago, Rednop1 said:

Insurance and people's driving ability would be the two key factors  for me 

Everyone is Lewis Hamilton!

• Like 1

It's not uncommon with things like this, where the drivers aren't necessarily "qualified", (typically ARDS) or some other form of pro driver, for the runs to be done behind a pace car, who will regulate overall group speed/behaviour.

Though I've taken part, as a driver, previously in ones where it is more just like a normal track day. 

Yes so my next question is. Is anyone ARDS qualified in the club?

Bear in mind I am trying to build something that creates money for a great charitable foundation. It’s not about seeing how far you can push you and your car, but instead give a couple of people a run round.