Wanted V8 Westfield

Neil Preston

Hi all,

I am a new member to the club and i am looking to purchase a V8 Westfield or SEight.

I am interested in anything V8, from an incomplete project, a car with problems up to a finished car on the road.

Please contact me with what you might have for sale.

Mobile 07879 261376.

Regards Neil.

5 minutes ago, Neil Preston said:

Hi all,

I am a new member to the club and i am looking to purchase a V8 Westfield or SEight.

I am interested in anything V8, from an incomplete project, a car with problems up to a finished car on the road.

Please contact me with what you might have for sale.

Regards Neil.

Hi Neil, Hope you find a car, but just be aware that the number you posted is visible to the world, with this section being open to veiwing by non members also, may be better to get folks to PM you instead, of course disregard if you are happy having your number on show.

1 hour ago, Jenko said:

Have you seen this one:

https://www.norwichsportsandclassics.co.uk/cars/westfield/seiw/seight4.6v8/606739/

Interesting and rare colour.

That's marked as sold!

image.png.ebedfb51d46af8cedf5d98acde019e19.png

They're leaving the ad up as a wanted post for more cars.

13 hours ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Hi Neil, Hope you find a car, but just be aware that the number you posted is visible to the world, with this section being open to veiwing by non members also, may be better to get folks to PM you instead, of course disregard if you are happy having your number on show.

Thanks for your warning, but i will leave my number there for now and see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, Neil Preston said:

Thanks for your warning, but i will leave my number there for now and see how it goes.

No worries, I thought as a new member you may have not been aware 👍

And the ignition switch would drive you insane, on that V8

image.png

Trust me, as someone who's had a temporary ignition switch of the same flick down cover style, in a temporary position for a while, (behind my gear lever), the damn plastic covers are like a hair trigger, brush it and it snaps down, turning off the engine.

Knock that one with a gloved hand on the wheel, mid corner, and off the engine goes, hopefully not taking you and the car with it!!!

• Thanks 1

Agree poor placement. But surely would be wired to be on when the covers down closed? Normally on aircraft the cover is down with the switch In the "normal" position and cover only up with the switch/system placed into an alternate or off position.

I did once have such a switch, mine as standard was only on when the flip up cover was up and as Dave said you only have to brush the cover for it to shap shut and kill the car, I had this occur on a bumpy road and after that I turned the switch upside down, so off was with the cover in the up position, you have to file out the small square tang on the flip cover where it slides over the switch, but then you need to made sure it's held tight to prevent rotation . A few dash versions later and I binned the whole thing off.

1 hour ago, Neil Preston said:

Thanks for the info but that car is now sold.

I believe it's still for sale in the Yorkshire area. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

I believe it's still for sale in the Yorkshire area. 

Just seen it for sale on Facebook it’s in Bradford 

yeah I saw that, just never heard of it thats all ☺️

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.