satnav apps

Richard (OldStager)

as i am getting to grips with the iphone, i got given for christmas a windsceen mounting thingy. i see the app store has many satnav apps on it, are they all the same or are some better than others.

thanks

richard.

HERE WeGo is free and good :yes:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kingster said:

Try “hey Siri, navigate to the Bodega in Newcastle upon Type” 😁

i disabled siri, it kept talking to me without reason, maybe it thinks i'm lonely 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, OldStager said:

i disabled siri, it kept talking to me without reason, maybe it thinks i'm lonely 🤣

I have it set up to be non-voice- just a long press on the power button instead

i have installed all of the suggested ones, and will see which one i like the best, ease of use, good audio and clear uncluttered screen. i did see an accident and delays one from highways england, not sure if i need that but it's free so i will test that as well.

3 hours ago, Kingster said:

I have it set up to be non-voice- just a long press on the power button instead

Will that work on the missis as well? 😄

• Haha 3

As said Google maps or Waze. I have both installes but always tend to default to Google. 

If I need to use an app I go Waze it integrates with apple play in the van and I like the hazard notifications in real time via other drivers. 
I always thought Google was data heavy, when it’s running. 

I mainly use Google and Waze. Waze is good for speed camera alerts but I prefer Google normally.....

I also use Calimoto occasionally, which is good for finding twisty roads as its set up for motorbikes and suggests routes for the most fun 👍