end of the world scenario

Richard (OldStager)

just a bit of fun, but what you do given the following info...

as in react, behave or just hide under the bed...

nasa and the rest of the science community have just announced there is an asteroid headed for earth , it was spotted 12 months ago, but it's course could not be calculated that far out, finally with 6 months to go more info started coming in, it was only with 1 month to go did they confirm that it will hit the earth .

with only 4 weeks to go, no space craft or defence system could be constructed to divert the asteroid, governments can't help and have no sensible suggestions.

so you have  28 days to do all the things you have wanted to do

what would that be....

Quickly figure out the least painful way to top myself so as to avoid the ensuing 28 days of total madness that would follow the announcement.

In an ideal world, I’d get myself to a nice quiet tropical island and just chill while waiting peacefully for the end as it would be good to see it happen. Doubt that would be possible though. 

8 hours ago, OldStager said:

so you have  28 days to do all the things you have wanted to do

what would that be....

Commit as many bank robberies as I could and build up a huge stash of cash and as NASA has been wrong before, do it while wearing a @Blatman mask in case the asteroid misses. 🤣

• Haha 2

I'd post some pictures of the asteroid on the forum. Assuming its fixed by then. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Captain Colonial said:

Commit as many bank robberies as I could and build up a huge stash of cash and as NASA has been wrong before, do it while wearing a @Blatman mask in case the asteroid misses. 🤣

Here, you'll be needing this... :getmecoat:

:d

• Haha 2

Have you been watching Don't Look Up?

I'd probably run off with the family to somewhere sunny to watch the end of the world, whilst sipping as much beer as I can lay my hands on. 

Or, spend the next 28 days living my dream of being a gangster, robbing every financial establishment and PO van I can, whilst looking very sauve and dashing.

3 minutes ago, DIY-Si said:

Have you been watching Don't Look Up?

not sure what that is, but i was watching a few science docs last night and the question was posed, segment only lasted a few minutes but it got me thinking what would i do...

i would cash in whats left of my pension, pack the car up and tour the uk , ending up in scotland on some remote hilltop or mountain whilst watching this thing plummet down, oh and some alcohol would be useful as well... ☺️

24 minutes ago, OldStager said:

not sure what that is, but i was watching a few science docs last night and the question was posed, segment only lasted a few minutes but it got me thinking what would i do...

It's a Netflix film on very much this subject, where a bunch of astrophysicists find an incoming world killer asteroid only for the US government to ignore it.....

Just now, DIY-Si said:

It's a Netflix film on very much this subject, where a bunch of astrophysicists find an incoming world killer asteroid only for the US government to ignore it.....

ah ok, not got netflix, but there are many similar type ones on yt. i did watch one last night where aliens had  been present on earth for 100 years and setup a test to see how the worlds governments reacted to their presence, was quite a eye opening film really -  most of the world leaders were open to the ideas of communicating with them, except one country who just wanted to exploit the situation and create fear  you can perhaps guess the name of the country...

5 hours ago, OldStager said:

i would cash in whats left of my pension,

You assume that as the world descends in to chaos, your pension firm staff will be at their desks dilligently sorting out your urgent request? :bangshead: 

• Haha 2

i'd do that at the 12 month notice, as it seems they takes ages to do anything at that place.😃

do tomatoes and pasta have that much an effect on you, it wasn't you buying all the bog rolls during lockdowns was it...😁

• Haha 1

Read 'On the Beach' the novel by Nevil Shute. Australia is one of the last countries to be destroyed by creeping nuclear fallout and they use the last few gallons of petrol to have a last motor race. Much fornication too, no doubt, but those were more discreet times and it wasn't mentioned. The film isn't bad either.

• Like 1