Show worth attending, East Midlands

Boftus

I came along to the Stoneleigh show last year, first and last kitcar show I attended.

What would people recommend for this year (Covid permitting)?

Stoneleigh seems to be the biggest, I I do intend to go again this year. but surely there are other shows in the area to attend and spread the shows/meets over the year???

• Like 1

Kimbolton country fair is one I've regularly attended.  Biggest factor in things going ahead is still Covid unfortunately.  I don't do Facebook anymore, but there are quite a few groups that list events which are then visible outside of those groups for a wider audience.

Ah. Kimbolton not far from me 👍

I plan to visit santander at some point. They usually have a kit show with a RWYB.

Also would like to go and see the topfuel in May at santapod, not been for a few years now and would like to take the little one(ear defender on obviously).

Also silverstone if there is a suitable show/event?

Any other shows people know of for kitcars?

Anywhere near Cambridgeshire or surrounding counties?

Would be good to make a list.

Not in Cambridgeshire but easily accessed via A1. The return of the Newark Kit Car Show was planned pre covid. Maybe it will happen soon. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Not in Cambridgeshire but easily accessed via A1. The return of the Newark Kit Car Show was planned pre covid. Maybe it will happen soon. 

Not to far I guess, 65miles, be a good run out.

The issue I've found is that events aimed at Kit Cars are few and far between. Realistically, there just aren't enough of us to put on much in the way of shows, and kits are often a sub section of wider car shows or events. I've found the only practical option is that you just have to turn up and see what else does too!

Failing that, I've always found the small village shows to be quite accommodating and interested in almost anything out of the ordinary, whether it be a kit car, tractor or bus!

So far, 

Kitfest Santa Pod, June but I am on bl**** holiday.

Stoneleigh kitcar show, TBA.

I am sure there will be an inclusive show at Peterborough at some point.

Silverstone classic, bank holiday weekend August.

Kimbolton Country Fayre, 10th July.

Newark Kitcar Show, TBA