Geomos

Hi I’m new to your site and looking forward to learning about Westfields.

I’m a an older driver and would like a Westfield for touring and driving pleasure.

Would much appreciate any advice or views. Budget ~£17.5k. 

Many Thanks 

Welcome!

Budget will play a big part in the decision - so how much do you want to spend?

Prices will start at around £5k and go up to well over £25k

• Like 1

Best thing for me was to set a budget and then make a list of "must haves" (I.e. Power, lsd, screen, heater, seat type, colour, etc).

You never see 2 cars that are the same specification but with time and money, you can easily modify one to your requirements (hence why they're all different!).

Where are you based? Depending on budget, Toybox always have a good selection to view and you can always get to a meeting to see some cars and narrow down your search

• Like 1

Thanks for replies, I’m looking to spend ~£17.5k. Based in County Durham.

Prefer more road oriented car with a few luxuries, hood and heater. Engine best for handling with sufficient power. 

• Like 1

You are up our way then 👍

I think that’s a healthy budget so you should have no trouble finding a nice car.

For road and touring, don’t worry about an LSD or big power. Anything over 150bhp will fun, but 175-180bhp is often quoted as the “sweet spot” so a well specced Zetec or Duratec engined car will fit the bill nicely.

How tall you are can also be a factor. If you are well over 6ft then the type of seats will often determine if you can “fit”. At your price point you will almost certainly be looking at cars that are wide with lowered floors so seats and wheel position will be the main items to consider. Although if you are very tall, you may need the taller windscreen too. 

• Geomos changed the title to New Member
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn’t bother using a hood. If you are small and athletic then it will be easy to get in and out of a Westfield. If you’re  man sized you’re going to have problems.  
Ive owned a Westfield for 11 years and never used a hood, it resides in a loft somewhere. If it rains when out and about I have a one piece  waterproof suit tucked behind the seat.  A tonneau helps reduce rain entering the cockpit and I use that all the time.

You have a heathy budget so should find what you want so happy hunting.