Coolant for A-Series engine

Morris

I didn't realise there was such an array of engine coolants available...😬!

What are the recommendations for an A-Series engine (with Metro radiator and oil intercooler between the oil filter and oil filter head)?

(Evans waterless looks a bit pricey to me, also given the moisture removing pre-treatment).

Many thanks.

Morris.

As it’s the same age of tech as mine, I would use Comma Bluecol there is a reason something to do with the OAT value, but forgotten what it was now.

Its the blue one, rather than red,orange and whatever colours they come in.

• Thanks 1

I could have sworn the last bottle I got was made by Comma, but I have just checked and it’s this brand, I write on the bottle when it was last changed and I note it’s due again next Spring, so you reminded me 👍.

9AB9D3DF-A17B-4B00-B888-322E24E39D54.thumb.jpeg.7dd7f443141d4ca941e0b8aa54cda8a6.jpeg

Incidentally,the above photo is 1.9 mb’s for those struggling with image uploads at the moment

The file suggested that Halfords sell something similar but under their own branding, so I went for that instead as I couldn't find the Carplan fluid locally and I want to get the engine going this holiday.

The Halfords equipment is:

PXL_20211222_185659312_MP.thumb.jpg.1786d20d7dc8d56232ffafa2cb0b3192.jpg

FYI they currently have this on offer, and that combined with a £10 voucher they sent me (for no apparent reason!) I bought 10 litres of the stuff...!

• Like 1

Ah well done, my nearest Halfords branch is miles away and the local car parts place sells the one by car plan.

Not sure what BMC state for water to coolant ratio, but I use 33%, it doesn’t get cold enough here for much more.

• Like 1