sim card newbie

Richard (OldStager)

Ok, new morning and a clear head. I needed to give this iPad permission to link to the cloud regarding the contacts folder,got all contacts visible now.

• Like 1

Ok, I am going to be a pain. This iPad now see’s the contacts from iCloud, however when a message is sent it bleeps back a few minutes later to tell me the outgoing message failed to send.

I have googled the issue and attempted to follow the advise, however they all talk about message forwarding and has to be set to active, but there is no option to do this, there is no message forwarding button.

Am I missing something?.

It’s obviously working via WiFi as I am typing this post on it.

Set up text message forwarding.

On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.  Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.

Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile network, new SMS/MMS texts can be sent and received on the devices that you added.

iCloud now keeps your entire messages history updated and available on all your devices – even when you set up a new device. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you, I now think I have done it was the phone that was wrong not the ipad, what I had done was tell the phone to accect messages via it's own phone number, rather than share with icloud as well, i was on a landline call before and the ipad lit up telling me my sister had sent a message, so it works now.

Sorry for the questions, but I do get there with it eventually.

• Like 1