sim card newbie

Richard (OldStager)

slight topic change, but how do i transfer photos on the phone and import them to this pc...

with the usb plugged into the pc, windows can't see the phone, trying to import photos from an image program does not work either.

do i need some software that will enable this and if so who makes one..

other than that, it's going well.

Have you set up an iTunes account on the phone and a matching one on the PC?

Have you got iCloud configured on the phone?

The easiest way, in daily usage, I found, is to use the phone to save pictures to the iCloud account, making them available across multiple devices. You can then download an iCloud app to your PC, which can be used to create and or synchronize a picture folder on the PC. That way, as long as both are on-line, any photos taken on the phone, will appear in the folder as you take them.

• Thanks 1

icloud, itunes erm, you may as well be talking a foriegn language 🤣, i did have to set up some apple account, but don't know why, and i don't know what it does. looks like its going to take a while for me to get up to speed with this tech, at the moment i can talk to someone if i need to so that is all i need for now. but i took some pics of the dog last night and wondered how i get them on the pc, i will look into these cloud things you speak of

thanks dave.

Install Itunes on your PC, then connect your iphone to the pc, the PC will ask if you want to trust this Iphone, say yes, then you can sync photos on and off the phone storage space as you see fit.

Nem.......

• Thanks 1

thanks nem, i appear to already have set up this icloud on the phone, but can't get the program to even download on the pc as clicking the download button brings up a box saying there is no app for the program to run on. well no , that's why i am  trying to download the program :bangshead:.

coming from 20 odd years of microsoft and windows, this is going to take me a while to grasp i think.

will try the itunes route and see where that gets me

thanks

Forget the microshaft App Store, just Google iTunes setup (choose 32 or 64 bit version as appropriate) and install

• Thanks 1

thanks again, i had just done that already from another site, seems i may still have some login issues with it as the pass and id are not recognised, need to see what the phone says again and take it from there

sorry for all the questions, but it's like someone from 1990 waking up in 2021 with everything thats changed

ok, thank you all, we got there in the end 2 hours to work it out but i now have access to the phone on the pc.

i am sure it's a doddle if you are used to this stuff, but getting there slowly.

• Like 1

EE58FE40-CEF1-4D5F-A789-1B239B614B24.jpeg.94b4d4e55c3d2679fae9c7c5972ed12b.jpegJust a test to post a pic taken on the phone and logged in on the phone

• Like 1

ahhh i am a phone god.....

had to install a photo resizer though as i could not work out how to do it otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OldStager said:

EE58FE40-CEF1-4D5F-A789-1B239B614B24.jpeg.94b4d4e55c3d2679fae9c7c5972ed12b.jpegJust a test to post a pic taken on the phone and logged in on the phone

WOW!!!!  You done it

5 minutes ago, SootySport said:

WOW!!!!  You done it

Yeah but not saying how long it took🤣

I can see why most folks just use these phones for everything now but my PC’s won’t be going anywhere anytime soon 

having said that typing is easier on a phone, even with its tiny keypad.

Not easy typing on an iPhone for me with big fingers but I’m getting used to it. I was happy with an old Nokia for just text and phone but 3 years ago eventually bought an iPhone, cause it’s so useful.    Still keeping a laptop for editing photos because of the larger screen.

• Like 1

yeah it took me a good day or so to get used to it as well, it soon became apparent that the screen appears to be heat dependant, i tend to have quite cold hands and it doesn't work sometimes.