Christmas No1 ?

Nemesis

15 hours ago, Nemesis said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0qO04Y9Pwk&list=OLAK5uy_kay01Xel0LaimQ6kMT4gH70ieHQ3L35eM&index=3ABBA - Little Things - YouTube

In their 70's and capable of making a nice sound.... should this be a Christmas No1 ?

Absolutely. It's as good as any other seasonal offerings out there at the moment! 

Has anyone else noticed the amount of Christmas songs being released by all and sundry this year? We are normally treated to a few offerings annually, but this year there is more than I can shake a tinsel covered stick at! 

Gotta love a good Christmas tune... 

I saw a chart of earnings from Christmas songs a couple of weeks ago. Slade were top - still make £500k a year from theirs. Pogues were 2nd at £450k. Think White Christmas was 3rd or 4th. So you can see why they make them..... 

And usually refer to them as "the pension"!

I suppose it's my age but here we go into confession time.

In my record collection (Vinyl Discs for the whipper snapper yoof of today) are all of the recordings that ABBA ever released and I've got to say they are a lot easier to listen to than most of the carp that's released these days...... Pause for the groans & comments along the lines of old fart etc !

After hearing "Little Things" on the "wireless" the other day I decided that it had to be done I ordered the new album yesterday and it arrived today, there are some very ABBA,esq tunes on there but there's some nice chill out tunes too, Ode To Freedom has got me finding the repeat button. 

Bring on the talent.... publicly execute the dross,

Nem............

12 hours ago, Nemesis said:

(Vinyl Discs for the whipper snapper yoof of today)

👍👍👍👍

The demand for vinyl is going up (with the younger too) and up, such that there is a shortage of pressing plants with many releases having long delays.