2022 tyre choice - mainly sprinting

sideways_stu

I'm planning to switch to 13" wheels for 2022 mainly sprinting with some road use - any informed views/experience  on size / brand for 270bhp/500Kg so quite light and powerful, happy to compromise on road performance in wet and cold?

I was leaning towards Avon ZZR 185/55 fronts and 215/55 rears (A64 compound as needs to be list 1B)

AR-1s or R888R would be obvious alternatives.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi. 

I have a SE with a big power xe engine in it. Using it for the south west sprint and this westfield champs. In class 3b Road going class

The best setup I've found is the avon 215 zzr on the rear between 14 and 19 psi ( depending on conditions) and zzr 185 on front. 

Last season I ran 205 ar1-s on the front but really had go to an extremely soft front end to get it to turn it. As I was having terrible understeer the first couple of corners. But the better zzr narrower tyre seems to warm up quicker. 

These tyres are superb on the road between events . 

ZZRs are in both 1b and 1c depending on compound.

ZZR 8018 and 8019 are in list 1B - this is the harder A64 compound.

4 hours ago, sideways_stu said:

ZZRs are in both 1b and 1c depending on compound.

ZZR 8018 and 8019 are in list 1B - this is the harder A64 compound.

I thought you could only use them in 1B if they were OEM fitment and that's what the codes referred to like the old ACB10 tyres that pre 1990 Caterham's can run in road going.