Kitnet - any views?

CherryTreeFW

5 minutes ago, CherryTreeFW said:

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO - Thanks, that’s all good to know. I get a lot of posts put up by Trev and others arguing over Vax/ Anti-vax issues which put me off a bit. Too much politics in the real world already - and for me this is supposed to be a break from that! 😀

Ha ha. He never mentions covid in the Group, only his personal FB. However before he'll let you in the group you have to friend him! He's recently been rather poorly but won't reveal if it was Covid and say is was bronchitis.  Once he's let you in the group, you could unfriend him. It's only to ensure you've got a kit car etc. I've made some good friends in the group, so don't let the head clown, put you off!

19 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

so don't let the head clown, put you off!

He is one of the most bigoted men I have ever come across. I was referred to as a dick head because I believed in the virus.

1 hour ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Ha ha. He never mentions covid in the Group, only his personal FB. However before he'll let you in the group you have to friend him! He's recently been rather poorly but won't reveal if it was Covid and say is was bronchitis.  Once he's let you in the group, you could unfriend him. It's only to ensure you've got a kit car etc. I've made some good friends in the group, so don't let the head clown, put you off!

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO- I’ll do that - hope he recovers from his “bronchitis” very soon… 😀

3 minutes ago, CherryTreeFW said:

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO- I’ll do that - hope he recovers from his “bronchitis” very soon… 😀

Sadly I think he has, as he's now back on his propaganda campaign full time! 🤣

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2021 at 11:08, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Glad to hear he’s well again! 😀

On 06/12/2021 at 11:08, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

On 06/12/2021 at 09:36, Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) said:

He is one of the most bigoted men I have ever come across. I was referred to as a dick head because I believed in the virus.

@Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) - that’s certainly not what I want…

13 hours ago, CherryTreeFW said:

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Glad to hear he’s well again! 😀

He was double jabbed last night!

image.png.f645a10e75546de9b69fff44d747001b.png

image.png.6d435d7f0b90f50b3d5b83028859e7a5.png

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/12/2021 at 09:36, Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) said:

This does appear to be the case.

I am yet to attend a meeting for various reasons (car off the road, house renovation, child on the way etc) and have never met him in person, however I had a run-in with him after I very mildly challenged him on a more outrageous post than most, after which I had to rapidly unfollow/defriend him. He claimed at the time he's view do not effect the club/meets etc, but as I arrived for car meets, and left for his absurd views, you can make up your own mind.

Did renew membership once, but have/will now allow to lapse. Might reconsider if the car i back on the round, but we shall see.

The local WSCC meet (Wirral and N Wales) do a lot of runs out locally and a reasonable monthly pub meet, and I also attend the monthly Cheshire and N. Staffs meet over Warrington way, who where running good pub carpark meets all over the summer.

Daniel 

• Like 2

On 11/01/2022 at 12:23, dhutch said:

This does appear to be the case.

I am yet to attend a meeting for various reasons (car off the road, house renovation, child on the way etc) and have never met him in person, however I had a run-in with him after I very mildly challenged him on a more outrageous post than most, after which I had to rapidly unfollow/defriend him. He claimed at the time he's view do not effect the club/meets etc, but as I arrived for car meets, and left for his absurd views, you can make up your own mind.

Did renew membership once, but have/will now allow to lapse. Might reconsider if the car i back on the round, but we shall see.

The local WSCC meet (Wirral and N Wales) do a lot of runs out locally and a reasonable monthly pub meet, and I also attend the monthly Cheshire and N. Staffs meet over Warrington way, who where running good pub carpark meets all over the summer.

Daniel 

@dhutch - that’s really helpful background. Since I got my Westy last June I’ve missed out so far on the Cheshire and North Staffs meets for various reasons (you filled my empty chair for the Christmas Curry which was good!) but I continue to plan to attend in 2022. Where does the Wirral and North Wales Section meet? I might be able to make some of those (already planning to hook up with Derbyshire members). Cheers, DAVID. 😀👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CherryTreeFW said:

Where does the Wirral and North Wales Section meet?

Tudor Rose , Parkgate Road , Ledsham, CH669PD. 1st Tuesday of the month.

Hoping to get there myself this year, as staying down there whilst a house clearance gets underway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldStager said:

Tudor Rose , Parkgate Road , Ledsham, CH669PD. 1st Tuesday of the month.

Hoping to get there myself this year, as staying down there whilst a house clearance gets underway.

@OldStager - thanks; that’s around 45 mins away from me so there’s a good possibility I could get to one. Cheers, DAVID. 😀

Don't forget, the Peak District runs, too. You're probably only 15 minutes or so from me, in Sandbach, so if you wanted to head over to any of them in convoy, it's easily done.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Don't forget, the Peak District runs, too. You're probably only 15 minutes or so from me, in Sandbach, so if you wanted to head over to any of them in convoy, it's easily done.

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary - not forgotten; I’ll take you up on that! Cheers. 😀

• Like 2