200bhp+

AJ9939

Hi,

Has anyone heard of or seen the Rover T16 series engine put in a Westfield ? Robin Hood have managed to fit this 200bhp Turbo engine, but I was wondering if it will fit in the smaller Westfield engine bay. Also, does it match with the Ford MT75 Gearbox ?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a Dyno centre in the Guildford area that can sort out my rather ill and underperforming 1700 x/flow with Kent 234 and Twin Webber 40`s ?

Thanks!

AJ

I havent heard of one in a Westfield. As for matching to the MT75 gearbox, it isnt a direct fit AFAIK, but *might* be possible with an adapter plate.

It's a Rover engine.... :(  :p  :arse:  :suspect:  :bangshead:  :D

It will leak more oil than your Xflow :D

that rover T series is apparantly good for 280BHP all stock, so a good choice. I'll ask on the adaptors

What are the symptoms with your Xflow. I'm sure that can be sorted out easily enough.

Bill

Hi AJ

Bill's right, it's a good engine :-)

Mind, they don't last too long at 18psi as I found out to my cost, if you don't do a fe things first.

You need to make sure you start with a 200ps engine, as the later ones were 180 in the 800. You also need to fit a later headgasket (post '96, called a Klinger) to stop the oil leaks from the head.

These are just scaremongering tactics mind  ???

One of these engines at 12psi will give 230bhp all day long and no real hassles. *LOTS* more is available if you know a few tricks too  :cool:

On the adaptor front, yes, RH do use the MT75, and mighty stingy they are with letting me buy one. I.e. they won't. I can point you towards a Type 9 adapter bellhousing that will work. I've been involved with fitting one of these combos to an MK Indy, and the box seems to show no ill effects for its trauma. Far from ideal though.

You can always go heavy duty and buy an LT77 and use that, as there is an off the shelf bellhousing for this engine in the Rover fleet  :D

HTH

Dave